Search results

1. T

re-doing aqua scape in established tank?

thanks for the responses. I will tread lightly if I do decide to proceed
  2. T

re-doing aqua scape in established tank?

I've been looking at my 36g bow front recently and have been thinking about re-doing the aquascape. The thing is that this is a 3 yr old tank with live corals in it. so i gotta ask: good idea or bad idea. am i about to kill everything in the tank if i move stuff around? I am not thinking...
  3. T

How long do all the membranes and carbon last in these ro/di filters?

i have the BRS RO/DI system and can tell when the first filter needs changing (the sediment filter) because it begins to turn yellow. the DI chamber also has color-changing attributes that tell you when its time to change. typically, 6-12 months for most reefers.
  4. T

Bone Head Move....

salifert alkalinity (kh) tester is very popular.
  5. T

Need your help!

Is that Cyano i see on the left side of the coral?
  6. T

What did your Moonlight did for your tank, i mean did it do anything?

I have a 36bowfront and i use the CoralLife Lunar T5 unit. it comes with 2 small moonlights. I leave those on 24/7. I like viewing the tank at night with the moonlights because corals appear to "glow in the dark".
  7. T

No QT, but I want a new fish... Oh no, what to do???

Love you all and i know that as a collective voice, y'all won't steer me wrong. And that is why I am a member.
  8. T

ok, ok..... i get the hint :java: So, I guess I have some research to do to educate me on the setup and use of a QT ( how long to keep fish in QT, etc). I do have a 10g tank in the basement somewhere, its time to go find it.
  9. T

the clown fish i have right was the first fish when i set up the tank 1.5 yrs ago. Now that the tank has enough corals, i want to add maybe 1 or 2 fish but since i don't have a QT, I am very hesitant. I don't know if i want to go through the trouble of setting up a QT, letting it cycle...
  10. T

Is this hair algae?

do you have a cat or dog that is shedding? that looks more like animal hair
  11. T

Algae ID needed...

I have a Tuxedo urchin and i see him/her more on the glass and pipes than on the rocks. So, I'm not too sure if it even eats algae from the rocks or substrate. I know that with the tuxedo urchin, my coraline only grows in places he/she cannot reach.
  12. T

W/c ?

i have no sump (36g bow front) so, DT only.
  13. T

Tiny white dots on glass?

looks more like tiny snails.
  14. T

Protein skimmer without sump

Agree with DaveK on the HOB refugium. I had the CPR Aquafuge medium HOB and eventually, i took it down and put it away. I replaced it with HOB aqua clear 70 which i use as a media basket.
  15. T

My 1.5 year old beginner 36

my 1.5 year old tank. You can tell its a beginner tank by the presence of xenia and GSP's. I am thinking about making major changes to it, including removing most of the softies and adding more LPS (and dare i say it, maybe an SPS or 2). quick video showing its current progress. Comments...
  16. T

Protein skimmer without sump

I have a Reef octopus HOB on my sump less 36 bow front which has been running for a year and a half and it works. I have a mix of soft and LPS corals.
  17. T

Bad LFS Advise!

I use the Bulk Reef Supply GFO reactor. I do admit that it is a bit of a PITA to maintain, but i have zero phosphates (using hanna digital checker).
  18. T

Bad LFS Advise!

first thing.... we need more info (as PSU4ME is asking). nitrates are caused by one or more of the following reasons: - use of tap water (tap already has nitrates in it) - insufficient water changes (nutrient export) - insufficient maintenance of canister filters (they are nitrate...
  19. T

A Picture A Day......

Mushroom
  20. T

Which T5 bulb combination?

for me, either 5 or 6