Search results

1. freddyk

How to make a 12v power supply for your PC fans

This is a very interesting thread. Luukosian - What you said about the 12V transformer makes a lot of sense to me. It seems simpler and possibly more efficient than using a whole PC power supply. Could it be as simple as taking a 12V transformer from some long lost gadget and then string 3...
  2. freddyk

The Bluespot Club

Thanks cstamper!
  3. freddyk

The Bluespot Club

Thanks for the welcome cstamper! I have been reading this thread and have come to the conclusion that my little digger needs some rubble. It keeps busy with sand but I think I am going to break up some small bits of spare live rock and let him have at it. I knew he needed it when he...
  4. freddyk

The Bluespot Club

Thanks for the warm welcome Icstorc,Dentoid, Basser1 and Lorraine! I really was not supprised to see such a vibrant Bluespot club. These fish are amazing. One of my first reef aquarium memories was an aquarium in Golden Gate park. There was this cool little fish that would pop up out of...
  5. Blue Angel

Blue Angel

My Blue Angel named Agave after the Blue Agave cactus. It is very well behaved and never nips corals.
  6. Blue Spotted Jaw Fish

Blue Spotted Jaw Fish

My Blue Spotted Jaw Fish Digging a Tunnel. If I was as motivated as this fish I could visit China simply by jumping into a hole in my backyard.
  7. My full tank on 12-20-2008

My full tank on 12-20-2008

I have had this tank running for about a year. I just added two 400 watt 20000k XM bulbs.
  8. freddyk

The Bluespot Club

About 6 weeks ago I got this Bluespot and he is amazing. If I was as motivated as this guy I could visit China just by jumping into a hole in my backyard. Digging a tunnel Even more digging Spotting incoming fish Reacting to incoming fish I have him in my 140 gallon...
  9. freddyk

Jasper's 1st Anniversary

Congrats on the anniversary! I just moved my first bluespot from quarantine to my 140 gallon display. It seems to be doing ok. I have a question. What type of cover do you use on the tank to keep Jasper from making a break for it? I am looking for a cover that does not block the light...
  10. freddyk

Skimmer/Refugium mods

Your setup looks great. I have a BioCube 29 and I have been trying to figure out a way to add a refugium without drilling the actual glass. In your pictures it shows the pipes coming up and over the back yet you still seem to have the lid on. Did you just drill the back of the hood to make...