Search results

1. DrHank

Automatic Feeders

Has anyone used one and if so how did it work?
  2. DrHank

WTB Skimmer

Need a skimmer for my 80 Hex. Need small footprint and height under 24". LMK what you have and how much you want for it.
  3. DrHank

T5 Endcaps & standoffs

Looking for several pair. LMK if you have any and what you want for them.
  4. DrHank

WTB T5 Retro

I'm looking for several used T5 retro parts. Endcaps, Standoffs, Ballasts. LMK what you have and what you want for it.
  5. DrHank

Turf Scrubber

I would be interested to hear if any of you folks are using a turf scrubber on your tanks. If so, for how long, how it's working, if you find it equal or superior to a fuge, and anything else noteworthy. I am considering adding one to my 200 gallon reef but would like to hear your opinions first.
  6. DrHank

Can you ID this?

It has been slowly growing in my tank for almost 3 years. It is one of my favorite items but I have no idea what it is. The photo is a bit dark but it is kind of a purplish color. It is about 2 1/2" in diameter.
  7. DrHank

T5 Super Actinic vs VHO Super Actinic

Can anyone tell me how T5 Super Actinics compare to VHO Super Actinics? I'm using 4 250w 14K MHs for primary lighting in my 200gal and I'm thinking of changing my supplemental lighting. Currently I've got a 2 pair of 36" URI VHO Super Actinics but am considering changing to 36" URI T5s to...
  8. DrHank

Looking for a tank?

Maybe one of these will fit your needs. 65gal Reef tank w/ stand and top $200 75 gal tank w/ stand $150 (I can finish the stand and/or build you a matching top for an additional fee) 20 gal XT w/stand & striplight $40 (seperately: Tank $25, Stand $25, Striplight $5) Prices are for...
  9. DrHank

A few items for sale

Aqua-Safe Systems 5 stage RO/DI filter $80 (needs filters & resin changed) Pacific Coast Imports 1/10 hp Chiller $150 Coralife Superskimmer 65 $50 J-Tube Overflow box $40 Home made skimmer $20 (works with Mag 5 or Mag 7 pump) Aqua Step 25W UV sterilizer $125 Home made 15w UV sterilizer...
  10. DrHank

Hi, Remember me?

For those who do, I've got a pic for you. That was then. This is now! Oh, what a difference a couple of years can make.
  11. DrHank

Need Ballast wiring diagram

I purchased a used ARO 60-6005 ballast with two tubes and endcaps. The harness had been hacked and endcaps for tubes 1 & 4 plus the harness plug were chopped off and removed. I was wondering if anyone had the wiring diagram. I contacted Adam at Hellolights and he politely told me that they...
  12. DrHank

For Sale 155 Bow front set up NW FL Panhandle

Sorry that I haven't been around in a while. Between work and establishing the Florida Panhandle Reefkeepers Society, I've been too busy. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that my Bow Front is up for sale if anyone wants a nice tank. Here are the specifics. Reef Central Online...
  13. DrHank

What sand sifting goby would you recommend?

I've not had much luck with orangespot diamond gobys, nor has my friend. They seem to like to carpet surf. I've got a dragon goby but he seems to stay in one place and is basically lazy. Who's using what and how is it working?
  14. DrHank

Suicide goby

A friend of mine just called to inform me that his orangespot diamond goby went carpet surfing last night. The thing That I find puzzling is that he has eggcrate over his tank and a top over the eggcrate. I'm wondering if this is just an isolated incident or if others are having trouble keeping...
  15. DrHank

Aiptasia/Bristleworm/Algae/Nitrate problem

The live rock that I got last weekend was so covered with aiptasia that it was impossible to see the extent of the bristleworm population and the lush growth of algae on the rock. It's/thery're everywhere! This was what I discovered after my first application of Kalk paste. Since there are...
  16. DrHank

FS: 75 gallon tank stand and hood

This is a used 75 gallon tank with heavy pine stand and hood. Black silicon seams, twin glass covers with two 48” strip lights. The only reason I’m selling it is because the tank is too long to fit where I wanted it in my office. It is in excellent condition and was set up as a salt water...
  17. DrHank

The #$%^ bristleworm got me

Well I pulled a dumb move over the weekend. I was given about 150 lbs of live rock which was overrun with aiptasia and bristle worms. I know that I should have brought my aquagloves but I forgot. To make a long story short I almost got it with out incident but it looks like a bristleworm may...
  18. DrHank

FS: 110 gallon XT

I'm selling my 110 gallon XT set up. Tank is 48"x18"x31"Tall. Tank is not drilled. Also is included is a stand, hood, 20 gallon sump, PC fixture (4 - 96w + moonlights) and overflow. All you need to add is water and a return pump. Asking $450. Will part out.
  19. DrHank

How about a Big Tank forum

Maybe for 180 gallons and up? The logo could be a shark driving a M1A1 Tank with the word BIG above it. We could talk about related items such as mixing replacement water in the bathtub. How many risers to have on your skimmer. Is a Dart to small, a Hammerhead too big? Dosing by the gallon...
  20. DrHank

How much PAR is too much?

I know that this may be a controversial subject but I'm wondering how much PAR does my tank really need and can I over do it? I'm currently running four 250W 14 K Hamiltons on M58 ballasts. From what I've been able to determine, each bulb is producing just a touch over 200 PAR. That is a far cry...