Search results

1. G

curing rock metal bulkhead

So I need to cure some live rock so I went out and bought a 100 gallon tub. I didn't notice until I got home that the tub had a metal bulkhead in it. Ideally I wouldn't curing in a tub with a metal bulkhead but I need to get going on this. Will metal leach into the Rock? Will it be okay to...
  2. G

"Real Reef Rock" vs dry Fiji rock ?

This is all great feedback. Thank you everyone. I have a 65 gallon reef that is established and been running for several years now. I was thinking about incorporating the rock from that tank into the new reef. I have heard a lot of pro BarS reef saver rock. Anyone out there ever use the...
  3. G

"Real Reef Rock" vs dry Fiji rock ?

would love to get some feedback on anyone whom has done a tank build with either of the two aquascape rocks. "Real Reef Rock" - From live aquaria. Or Fiji dry rock from bulkreefsupply. I am hesitant on the real reef rock because of the extreme cost. With the Fiji dry rock my main concern...
  4. G

Sump new 210 build

any pics of undertank filtration from large systems....... Ideas are welcome too. Love to get as much feedback as possible. Still not sure the difference in my design as opposed to what I currently have running. Sumo would just act as a large top off area........
  5. G

Sump new 210 build

Trying to avoid drilling tanks and connecting with a bunch of pvc pipe. I guess thing that u was hoping to accomplish was using my already existing Refugiums as kind of an instant filter. I have heard of people putting large tanks underneath and using those say a 110 or 120 under but that...
  6. G

Sump new 210 build

Sorry it is sideways
  7. G

Sump new 210 build

Thanks for the feedback. Wish i could draw this out and post it. Probably the way I typed it but the set up would have one centralized sump in the middle that both Refugiums would feed into. Both mag pumps would sit in the same sump each feeding a separate overflow. I am most worried about...
  8. G

Sump new 210 build

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a 210 dual overflow tank. I plan on setting it up as reef. I will be breaking down my two 65 gallon reefs and combining them into one. The filtration in the bottom is where I am looking for some feedback, ideas, and thoughts. I will be tying in my two...
  9. G

Phosphate reactors? And media?

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been running a media bag with gfo and did some water changes. Phosphate levels look to be as close to zero as a drop test will show and the corals are responding well. Thinking about stepping up the reefing with a controller and a calcium reactor...
  10. G

All great input. Currently running a refugium. The algae and phosphate started when I left for a business trip and the timer failed in my refugium leaving the bad lowes bought power compact bulb on for 5 days straight. Huge algae outbreak. I also believe the phosphates is due to me trying to...
  11. G

I have been researching. Bio pellets or gfo media?
  12. G

Looking to purchase a phosphate reactor. Are they worth the money? What is the best media to use for the reactors? I tested my water and found I had high phosphates and currently running fluval phos guard in a media sock. Any tips or experience on this matter would be appreciated.
  13. G

3 day tank blackout

Parameter look to be in line 11 dkh 420 calcium 8.1 ph 1.024 salinity 0 nitrates I caused the cyno bloom. I just set up my refugium it has live rock and some macro algae in it. I tried to cheap on the lighting for my refugium and went to lowes got a spot light and a power compact bulb...
  14. G

3 day tank blackout

Doing a tank 3 day blackout. I have done a blackout before I was just wondering if since I have a refugium if I have to leave an air hole for the tank to breath. If it is getting fresh oxygenated water from the refugium/ sump in the bottom of the tank does the top need a hole???? Should I...
  15. G

Radion led light gen 1 - gen 3 link ?

Now how to hang them....... Any DIY ideas for hanging them together or independently.... Feel free to post your radions to help me out here. Mounts Lighting settings Your tank with radions Basically anything would be great
  16. G

Sure hope you are right. Think it might look silly for a little while as I don't want to shell out the extra $150 to pay for the upgrade from gen 2 to 3 but in the end I think it is the right move. Not for my wallet but the reef for sure.
  17. G

Proof read for people who want to be critics. 3 does not have an upgrade it's the newest one to date.
  18. G

Since I had zero replies I figured I would post after researching. Radions 1,2,and 3 have upgrade kits and can be linked so if you originally shelled out the money like a crazy reef addict then you can upgrade your gen 1 and 2 to make them basically a 3 minus waterproof fan, new cover and real...
  19. G

I have a radion light. I am not sure what generation it is but it could be a 1 or 2. It's the one with the buttons that are not actual buttons but sensors. To make a long story short I am looking at getting another and was interested in seeing if anyone has any experience or knowledge...
  20. G

Any good protein skimmers under $200

Looking for a protein skimmer under $200. Any one have a good lead on place or brands to find a good deal. I have a 65 gallon tank with a 30 gallon refugium. In sump would be nice