Search results

1. Phyxius

FS: Solana 34g and NIB stand in NC

Sellling a nice Solana 34g tank I picked up used and also have a NIB stand for 34g Solana tank I bought from Crackerballer a month ago. Its the low lead glass version so the glass is nice and clear. I never did anything with it except buy a box of mini bio balls but most wont use them...
  2. Phyxius

Id these 6 legged starfish

I picked some live rock up off of CL and it has these starfish in the rocks. Brittle stars I have always seen before had 5 legs and these all have 6 but similar coloring. Are these still the common brittle stars or are they of a different family...good or bad? Rock is currently in a tub until I...
  3. Phyxius

Dual Membrane RO/DI Upgrade-great move

Been watching the waste water coming out of my system and was getting a little weary of the 3-4 to 1 ratio that it was producing. Every 5 gallons of water I made I also was throwing away 15-20 OUCH Since I have a pressure pump I decided to get the Dual Membrane kit for my Filter Guys unit. I...
  4. Phyxius

FS: Instant Ocean salt 160g Pails

Switching back to the Tropic Marin Pro and am using up whats left of my RC and selling the rest of my IO. I was mixing the two and using it that way. I have 1 unopened pail ( 53lbs) and one that has 1/3 max of it missing ( 39lbs ) Asking 60.00 for BOTH and located in Durham NC off hwy 70/85
  5. Phyxius

70g Rubbermaid stock tank

Was holding on to this in case I needed it again but its just been in the way the whole time. Its a Rubbermaid black 70g stock tank. I used it to hold rock while I transferred all my tank in the upgrade but thats all that has ever been in it. Includes the bulkhead and plug it came with and is in...
  6. Phyxius

WTB:Tunze Magnets

Looking for a pair of Tunze Magnets 6200.50 for my tank. Know the cheapest I can get them new but was hoping someone had some used pairs in good shape they no longer need for a good price FOUND SOME TONIGHT.....Thanks all
  7. Phyxius

Solana 60 XL any comments/thoughts

Due to some changes at home and a change to benefit my kids I looking to downgrade my 210g to something smaller for the next 2 yrs or so. Was looking at maybe going with the new Solana 60 XL as something to fit the bill. Anyone have any experience with this tank and set up yet? Looks like a...
  8. Phyxius

Little occ. clownfish needs a home in NC

Recently removed his mate and he is housed in my sump since I have a Black clown pair in my DT. This little guy ocellaris came from my other tank we broke down and needs a new tank and a mate. Eats anything you put in with him and have had him about a yr before I moved him in my sump. Asking...
  9. Phyxius

Question quantities when buying

Just a warning to make sure the post clarifies the exact amount of something your buying. Not naming the seller as I really should have asked for a better description but feel this was a misleading sale. I like to buy Chaeto from different people once in awhile just to get some diversity and...
  10. Phyxius

Black and Orange ocellaris pair in NC

I have a Black ocellaris and a Orange ocellaris that had been paired up in one of our Nanos for a few mths and have paired up. We took all the tanks down when I upgraded to my 210G and I was holding them for someone and they never took them. Since I already have a black perc pair in the tank I...
  11. Phyxius

RBTA changing colors??

We have or my wife acquired a RBTA that was a light pink color when we first got it. Its colored up since we first got it and grown nicely since then. Lately it has started getting a silvery snow like splash coloration to it like someone splattered spray paint on it which is really nice looking...
  12. Phyxius

Pacific Coast 1/10HP Chiller. NC

Pacific coast imports 1/10th chiller. 18mths of of/on use and works great. Fan gets oiled 1x mth. One screw cap on top for water inlet cracked but was repaired with Weldon per PCI tech line instruction and works fine that way. New cap sets if wanted are $15.00 so I priced chiller accordingly...
  13. Phyxius

24g Aquapod

24g Aquapod Upgraded pump to the MJ1200 and added another fan and opened up cooling vents and was only modification done. Has the factory moonlights Koralia 1 pump for added circulation 50w Heater Ceramic O rings New Carbon Sponges 2=Timers we used them for the lights Thermometer Everything...
  14. Phyxius

Free SS Starfish in Durham NC today

We are taking down the last of the tanks we are planning to and have a sand sifting starfish we will give away today only. It has to be picked up today as I really don't have a tank to put him in and my 210g is not ready for it as it was just set up. Stipulations are: You must not be...
  15. Phyxius

Clowns, Wrasse, Zoos, LPS in NC

Cleaning up the last of the items we have from the upgrade. all of these are LOCAL pick up only...as I cant ship and have no bags or coolers to be able to Pick up in Durham NC off hwy 70 near 85 Posted prices but feel free to make me an offer on one or all................ Coloring looks...
  16. Phyxius

Lots of items FS from upgrade in NC

Finished the upgrade last weekend and have loads of parts and tanks left from combing them all. Listed prices are for local pick up only as I have no way to ship for a few weeks. (On driving restrictions due to just arisen blood pressure issue) Located in Durham NC off hwy 70 near 85 and...
  17. Phyxius

FS: Live Rock and some Rubble in NC

Well I finally got around to breaking down my tanks and combining them into one this weekend. I have about 80 lbs of live rock left over and a few lbs of base rock(base rock cured for 4 weeks already). Also have a few lbs of nice rubble that came from my fuge. This is all a mix of Kaleini...
  18. Phyxius

Are Atlantic and Tomini tangs compatible

Getting ready to do our upgrade to our bigger 210g tank this weekend and trying to make sure we dont put anything in there from our other tanks that wont get along. We have an Atlantic Blue Tang we have had for awhile and also in another tank a Tomini Tang we rescued from the LFS awhile back...
  19. Phyxius

Return pump on 210g help..

Its finally getting down to the last few items before I can get water in this thing. Its the 210g from a few of my previous posts Pump selections are driving me crazy with all the options and what would be best. I had planned on using 2- 1262 Eheims to run all the stuff but was wondering if...
  20. Phyxius

ER RC-180 skimmer big enough??

AS some of you know I`m setting up a 210g tank as an upgrade. Found a slightly used ER RC-180 skimmer but was wondering if this would be big enough to work on my system. It states +/- 180g but some of the figures are conservative from some makers. Next model up would be the 250 and its much more...