Search results

1. C

what kind of anemone should i get if...please help

Okay, if the live rock was already cycled and kept in water for a short transport, the best thing to do with it would be to put it straight in the tank. If the lighting and flow were or could be made compatable for the short term, the cycling of your tank would largely already be done...
  2. C

Golden Midas Blenny?

I have never had one and my observation of the specific fish is even fairly limited, but in general with gobies and blennies, if they are too closely related or prefer the same types of territory, there is prone to being some territory dispute. This often extends to fish not related that look...
  3. C

moving anenome

I'm still going through a bit of it, but basically, don't try to "help" by constantly rearrange things. Anemones are the Sheldon Cooper of your tank; they want water flow, light, food distribution, etc to be just perfect, and then, one day, when they are happy, they'll simply split into two. A...
  4. C

Largest Privately Owned Reef Tank in the country apparently - Great little video

I'd be happy to have one so big, but I'd have to decide I liked bigger fishes than I keep now, and I'd need a much greater cash flow.
  5. C

Under aquarium padding?

2 inches sounds way too thick, but anything slightly thicker than any grooves or ridges left in the plywood should be perfect. It can also help dampen vibrations between the tank and stand, which could otherwise occasionally create those annoying 'echoes' that are oh so much fun to track down.
  6. C

New Kenya Tree not looking so good

I fell for a Kenya that basically wilted wherever I put it. It has resurrected itself underneath one of my rock caves where I have a hard time believing it can get enough light, but, it seems happy, so I'm letting it do its own thing.