Search results

1. R

pvc cement or glue

I was wondering could any body give me some info on pvc cement or glue i could use on my dyi skimmer
  2. R

looking for local reefer

I live in the boston area and was wondering if any body in the area had any frag's for sale?
  3. R

slight odor from water/brownand green algae problem

I recenty switched my 10 gal. to a 29 gal about a 2 weeks ago hoping to get rid of hair and reddish brown algae. When changing over the tank I detected a slight odor, So I changed over every thing including abou 7 gal. of water,but the odor has returned. Are their any jantiors that can help my...
  4. R

10 gallon nano looking for ideas

have 10 gallon setup with 8 pounds of base rock,4lbs. of liverock,2.5 lbs of live sand,rio 90 aqua clear 201,2x55 watt pc 0ne acintic,one 50/50.I am going to add more live rock and live sand soon. I'm just looking for ideas on inhabatints.
  5. R

Is a sump necessary on a 20L?

I was told by my lfs that I'm going to need a sump on my nano reef? He also said it would take years to grow coraline on the base rock and that i need put some thing in some small hermit crabs or green chromis's.I'm presently reading "Martin A. Moe's marine aquarium reference".I'm still planning...
  6. R

planning on grow my own live rock for newbie reef

I'm in the process of starting my own mini reef. Iwas wonderig if any body has ever started there first reef with about 5 lbs. of live rock and the rest being LFS dried base rock and live sand? Would it be better to use live rock rubble to get the coraline spores i need to get the live rock to...