Search results

1. M

Need a little help on this one.

I am needing to do a pump replacement on a red sea classic turbo. It came with the original one. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pump and what are the specs on this pump. GPH head height and such. if I cannot get another does anyone have a reccomendation on what to replace it...
  2. M

looking for santoprene

I have an aquamedic Quad doser and its time to change the tubing on it. I looked online and 4 replacement hoses is about 93.00 with shipping. I am looking for santoprene tubing at a reasonable cost. does anyone know where I can buy this either by the foot or by the roll.. It seems to me that in...
  3. M

Group Buy

I was offered a group buy for Reef Sanctuary. It is from Coral Vue. He is offering us his halide lamps, reeflow pumps, Octopus skimmers, sumps and everything that david carries at wholesale cost.. here is a couple of examples of the offers... 250 watt reeflux bulbs 43.00 ocotpus...
  4. M

sump pump. what is the best way to clean a sump pump?

cleaning a sump pump can be a chore, I heard that running it in a solution of vinegar can eat up some of the deposits. if you use this method please tell me how much vinegar and how you use this to clean the pump and what you do do remove the vinegar from the pump before returning it to service.
  5. M

Digital aquatics Reef Keeper 2

I am thinking about getting a reef keeper 2. Does anyone have one? how is its preformance? How well do you like it? would you reccomend it? Any problems out of this unit? would you buy this again knowing what you know know? Thanks in advance....
  6. M

I got a new tank for Christmas.

I awoke on Christmas morning to be lead to the garage and what did I find but a new tank for me to play with. Its a 135 gallon Flatback Hex. She is a beautiful tank. I got it ready and added new sand and moved everything over to it from a smaller tank. I am posting some pictures and would love...
  7. M

Trying to remember can anyone help?

Well for Christmas I got a new tank from my wife. Its a 195ish from tenecor. She is a nice flatback hex with stand and canopy. I have done my modifications to get my plumbing into it and bought new sand to go on the bottom. I am going to transfer my oldtank into this one. I bought just ine grade...
  8. M

I added new coral

I have added some new corals and want to share with you all. The Hammer Frogspawn birdsnest green horn thing, (please ID) small cauliflower looking acro. the Orange capricorn.... here is the link... mswafford17/newcoral - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Let me know...
  9. M

Time to Come together!!!

The Ronald Mcdonald House has broke ground in Phoenix. I would like to setup a reef and swim tank there. If this is something that you may be interested in doing let me know. I would like to get with some of the local places like spectra pure and tenecor and see if they can give a discount or...
  10. M

Help finding an id for coral site.

I was given some nice pieces of coral at the lfs and I want to id them and read up on them. Does anyone know of a site with lots of pics and infor on coral. The one I am really trying to id Is glow in the dark green kinda looks like an acro but i have not seen any polyps. the stalks are round...
  11. M

Aquaglobe powerheads

Has anyone seen these powerheads or had any experiance with them? I ordered 5 and hooked one up and this thing pushes some water. The power head is small as well. It is about the size of a large egg. The unit is powered by a small transformer and pulls only 6 watts. I was impressed with the...
  12. M

octopus skimmer

Has anyone used the octopus skimmer. Or is using one now? how did it work and how was the price comparison to a skimmer in its class????? I am thinking of getting one for my reef and want to know what experiences you may have or have with one...
  13. M

Metal Halide side by side comparison test.

Everyone has a favorite bulb that they use in there reef system but which one is the best? Well we are starting a 1 year test that will tell us which halide bulb is the best. Here is how we are going to do it. We are going to use Icecap 250 watt eletronic ballasts with a set of 30...
  14. M

UV on a REEF?

do you run a uv filter on your reef if so how long?
  15. M

auto water change system???

I have been up to early this morning doing a water change and had a brain storm. What about an auto water change system??? I can make up 5 gallons of salt water in a jug from the camping store and hook it up to my quad doser to go into the tank. Then take a line from the sump and run it...
  16. M

what you got to trade???

I have an ice cap 250 mh ballast new in box magdrive 5000 new in box magdrive 3600 new in box 2 30 inch light strips for fresh water used DIY calcium reactor just add bubble counter and pump. mogul bases new what you got??????????? looking for everything.... I am also...
  17. M

Flower Pot Question

I have never seen this before but my flower pot is swelling up like a full water ballon. Does anyone have an idea why it is doing this? The flowers disapear into the flowerpot and it gets about 3 times its normal size. All the water params are good. Nitrates 4 ppm and the phosphate is nill. I do...
  18. M

Group Buy

My Brother works for a large vendor of aquarium products and he has offered me a group buy kinda deal. Here is the thing it does not need to be the same item. I can be one Tunze this, a kent that, redsea another... here is some of the prices. Hydor Koralia 1 30.39 2 34.90 3...
  19. M

I Am In The Dog House!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the wife was going through the filing cabinet and came across a folder marked "REEF". This is a folder that contains all of my dry good receipts. She being the smart business woman that she is got out the adding machine and added up this incriminating pieces of paper. I am now in the dog...
  20. M

NO Algae???

This is the first tank that I have never had any algae in. I get the usual film on the glass but no autbreaks. I am using an Ro unit from Lowes, and UVL lighting. I also use Oceanic salt, and 2 units of Chemi Pure. I do light skimming, (I know this cause I have a billion fan worms). I use new...