Search results

1. InLimbo87

is T5 and T5 HO the same?

Sometimes you will see HO designation for retrofit kits dependent on the ballast. An Icecap 430 or 660 ballast will likely "overdrive" the lamp which (in theory) increases light by ~30%. Also, keep in mind that individually reflected is the only way to go with T5's. The reflectors are very...
  2. InLimbo87

InLimbo87's 90 Gallon Piece of Ocean

Thanks All! And, yes, Shaun I am making sure he stays well fed!
  3. InLimbo87

Will do! I've been surprised by his voracious eating so far, I have a feeling he won't be so "dwarf" for long :) I was expecting a timid eater, but as soon as I get near the tank he comes up to greet me. Makes rearranging a fun task.
  4. InLimbo87

questions on auto top-off and kalk

I topped off with kalk in a previous tank (33 gallon), the key is to do it slowly and make sure you're not overdoing it. If you have an auto-top off and use a small pump such as a Tom's Aqualifter, it is added slowly and incrementally. I would be afraid to add more than a liter of kalkwasser at...
  5. InLimbo87

Welcome all to my 90 gallon journal! For years I've kept various nano tanks (biocube 14 and 29, oceanic 33 cube), and I've finally taken the leap into a larger tank. So far, I've found it easier and more forgiving than my nanos. It has been setup for a few months now after I cycled for nearly 3...
  6. InLimbo87

Bwhit1406's 125 upgrade

Impressive work so far on that stand and canopy!
  7. InLimbo87

Do you look at water changes as "fun"?

^^ Times you wish you had a video camera. That would've been quite the sight!
  8. InLimbo87

Do you look at water changes as "fun"?

I'm not sure I'd call them fun, so I marked no. They are a necessary evil though, and not too arduous if you setup your system the right way.
  9. InLimbo87

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

Tagging along! Cuttlefish are awesome, best of luck. :)
  10. InLimbo87

Filled and circulating...now what?

I've cycled a few tanks now, here's a couple "tips": 1. Lights off - unless you want to be fighting all of the nuisance algae that will bloom during your cycle, keeping the lights off will allow the tank to cycle without an algae nightmare 2. No skimmer - it won't be doing much for you, the...
  11. InLimbo87

Good LFS in Clearwater Beach, FL area!?

Whenever I make it out to Tampa, faois and coral corral are must sees. Both great stores with huge selection.
  12. InLimbo87

December '10 POTM VOTING!

Great set of entries. Good luck all!
  13. InLimbo87

Rose BTA

From what I have seen with rose BTA's it appears to be common to see bits of green in certain specimens. I don't believe yours is dyed, and I highly doubt it has inherited any traits from its neighbor. It is maturing into its coloration, and a beautiful one at that!
  14. InLimbo87

Triggerfish Question

The blue jaw, pink tail, and the yellow tang will all grow too big for a 60 gallon tank individually. Together, I imagine you will be creating all sorts of problems.
  15. InLimbo87

Tank size/how many fish?

I have a 90 gallon with 5 fish, will possibly add a couple more. Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish Pink Tail Trigger Black ocellaris pair Bangaii Cardinal
  16. InLimbo87

BC 29 Disaster! Help!

If you're going to go with another biocube, why not just order a replacement tank? Nanotuners doesn't appear to have any at the moment, but somewhere else on the web may have just the tank only for < $100. Either way, good luck! Sorry to hear of your troubles.
  17. InLimbo87

Dion's 125 Build!!!

Loving that sailfin! Tank looks great.
  18. InLimbo87

Babies!!!!

Duncans look very healthy!
  19. InLimbo87

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

Quentin, The tank looks like it's off to a great start. Ive found you need to ride a fine line with nanos and feeding. Also, I'd consider replacing the sponge with filter floss (pillow stuffing works great and is cheap.) This way you can throw out and replace often. I really liked the...
  20. InLimbo87

green thumb or wet thumb?

I've never done any gardening, or kept any plants (besides my little bamboo plant I've had for ages)... I've been considering doing a little herb garden on my balcony, but don't even know where to start. When I get some free time I think I'll look into it...