Search results

1. Xanareef

Pet Insurance / Corals

You can insure anything if you're willing to shell out the cash for it.
  2. Xanareef

Can you ID This??

Excellent! We have one Stomatella Varia in our tank :) We see it quite a bit. Glad to know it's not deadly. Alexis
  3. Xanareef

Can you ID This??

What is it if it has half a shell and moves like a fast snail? Alexis
  4. Xanareef

skinny fish

The medicine for internal parasites for fish is called Pipzine, or Hex-A-Mit. It's toxic to inverts, so you either need to feed the medication soaked food extremely carefully (one piece at a time to make sure that no pieces escape and get picked up by an invert), or you remove all you fish...
  5. Xanareef

is this some sort of flat worm?

That looks like a peanut worm. Does it have what looks like a mop at the end that goes in and out? If it does, then it's a peanut worm. They eat poop, and left over food. In my experience they also bother any soft corals they come in contact with, such as zoo's. HTH, Alexis
  6. Xanareef

Sun Coral Baby

Hello Everyone! (this has been cut and pasted :D) Yesterday we discovered a tiny sun coral polyp sprouting out of our rock work. It is not anywhere near where the coral resides, and it's in a cranny between the rockwork and glass, where it would have been impossible for the mother colony to...
  7. Xanareef

ID help

For a second I thought that was a picture of my scarlet hermit in his shell, because he carries around a featherduster in the exact same place in his shell. :) Odd coincidence Alexis :D
  8. Xanareef

Snail Eggs

My cerith's look exactly like ReefLady's. :) They lay their eggs in a crazy pattern as well. Alexis
  9. Xanareef

Is this a bristle worm ?

Now... Because most warnings I've ever gotten were based on a prior event or experience, usually a painful one... Who do you know that put a bristle worm in their mouth? :D Alexis
  10. Xanareef

emperor angel with face marks

For broccoli, it isn't meant to be fed as the staple, but more as a supplement. The one time I read about an aquarium using broccoli for HLLE improvement, they tied it to a string and hung it in the tank. If you make your own food, you can probably blend it into the mix. HTH, Alexis
  11. Xanareef

Do you Quarantine?

This poll doesn't have an option for "I don't quarantine because I've made a conscious decision to not acquire any more livestock" :) Alexis
  12. Xanareef

emperor angel with face marks

I've heard of positive results with broccoli as well. Alexis
  13. Xanareef

clams

Sarah, That clam has beautiful colouration. How big is he? Alexis
  14. Xanareef

Help from Cleaner Shrimp keepers?

The antenae cleaning is normal so far as I can tell. My pair does it constantly. The only thing I'd caution you about is if you target feed corals and the like. My cleaners will very brazenly walk over and pull food out of the coral's little mouth the second I'm an arm's length away from the...
  15. Xanareef

Do you name your fish?

In my 29 gallon tank we've named every fish, shrimp and crab. We have a theme as well, I wonder if anyone can guess it... :) 2 A. Ocellaris clownfish: Aphrodite and Agamemnon 2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp: Cupid and Apollo Synchiropus Ocellatus named Persephone Scarlet Hermit: Atlantis and...
  16. Xanareef

any mirc chat users

I changed the port to 7000, and I still can't chat :) any help would be appreciated. lexmacd@hotmail.com Thanks, Alexis
  17. Xanareef

Say hello to my little friend!

Do you have any closer pic's? Alexis
  18. Xanareef

Terminology?

Thanks! Thanks for the links, reefrunnner. Quite a bit makes sense now! Gina, hubby recently purchased a Sony Cyber-Shot Pro, though we havn't had a chance to turn it on the tank yet, but we will. I hope to have some nice shots up before too long. Maybe this weekend. Thanks again, Alexis
  19. Xanareef

Terminology?

Hello, I've been reading the critique thread and found myself scratching my head more than once about the terminology used. I didn't want to detract from the thread so I've decided to ask in a new one. Would it be possible for someone to compile a small Glossary to help out those of us who...