Search results

1. S

zebra moray eel

i hand feed mine on defrosted cockles, or on frozen krill. On rare occasions I feed chopped tiger prawn. Only three or four pieces every other day. If he is in an aggressive mood, I opt to save my fingers and use a long cocktail stick.
  2. S

Angels in Reef Tanks

I have a majestic, emporer and queen in my 500g tank (in the UK) and they are all fine with all of the corals (and we have most types). Admittedly they are all still 4" or so, but as long as you can find a food they like and feed them enough of it, I cant see why you would have any problems. At...
  3. S

are all firefish so scared all the time?

i have a mated pair of red's and a single purple, they spend about half of their time under the rocks in a cave dug by my watchman gobies, but during the day they are out and about and compete aggresively for food
  4. S

How to remove Anemone from rock?

just part with the rock. I'm sure your LFS will give you one in exchange. If you cause any damage to it, it will probably not survive
  5. S

Oceanrunner Pump - Any good?

i am running 2 x oceanrunner 6500's as submerged return pumps from my sump. Very impressed by how quiet they are. Aqua Medic Pumps: Ocean Runners -  Order Page for head details
  6. S

Name it, please !

carnation coral, mine is in low lighting, moderate flow from both sides and is target fed twice a week with 5ml marine snow.....and is growing like a goodun. I was warned it would be difficult to keep but my lfs had one that was not looking too healthy so got it foc!!
  7. S

Anybody keep tunicates

Is this what you mean by a 'painted tunicate'??? I have had this in my tank for almost a month now and it has almost doubled in size to about half the size of a rugby ball!! it is fed twice weekly on marine snow. I am trying to work out how to split it...any ideas?
  8. S

Battery Backup?

i paid about £89GBP for a UPS 4.1kwh UPS unit which will run my return pumps and a heater for at least 6 hours. we get regular power-cuts, so a sound investment i think
  9. S

Ocean Runner 6500 owner question

i have two running as circulation pumps both on soft pipe, connected to hard pipe. both are inside one of my weir boxes; one is on suction cups on the tank floor an the other is half way up the tank on eggcrate and foam. both are silent. if its noisy and does not have air trapped around the...
  10. S

Penductor??

i assume they are a similar thing to what i use (eductors) which basically screw onto the end of your return pipework. They increase flow by upto 400% through two mechanisms, the venturi effect and the fact they are shaped like a funnel. the funnel forces the flow out over a larger area, they...
  11. S

Egg crate?

its a plastic mesh type stuff otherwise known as reef-rack. ideal for building your LR on, or covering holes that things will escape through
  12. S

Return plumbing question

this is exactly what i have done on my 8ft. I ran the return pipework in 1.5" off of two oceanrunner 9500lph pumps. i have one return on each side of the tank (with the pvc looped over the top edge) the actual returns are 3" or so below water level but I have anti-syphon holes about 0.5" below...
  13. S

Propogating Botrylloides Perspicuum (sea squirt)

same species but different type. mine is a deep purple colour and almost appears to have red stitching in it. it is currently about half the size of a rugby ball. Ill post a photo
  14. S

The 200+ Club

Here's one from aout two weeks ago. Still battling a bit with the green hair algae; but our urchins and tangs are doing a grand job.
  15. Putting in Live Rock

Putting in Live Rock

16. S

The 200+ Club

I'll get some new pics on my site asap www.reefwise.co.uk
  17. S

The 200+ Club

tell me about it, 500g in main tank and sump plus a 50g waterchange tank. Ive had to start buying my reefcrystals in 25kg tubs!!!
  18. S

Propogating Botrylloides Perspicuum (sea squirt)

I have a Botrylloides Perspicuum colony which has been in my tank for about three weeks now. It has more than doubled in size and I am thinking about trying to propogate it to swap for new stock at my lfs. Anyone done it before or got any ideas??
  19. S

my site is www.reefwise.co.uk. gonna try sorting out the footnote now!! will be uploading some pics here over the weekend
  20. S

what type of salt do you use?

reef crystals (now im on RO water), kent marine salt initially