Search results

1. YumSaltWater

growing worm

i found a little worm in my tank that crawls around on the glass (at first i thought my cuttlefish lost a tentacle!) but it is definitely a little white worm with two little feeler things poking out of the head. Sorry no pictures he is a pretty tiny lil guy. any guesses?
  2. YumSaltWater

Zoidberg the Cuttlefish!

Hey everybody! Its been a while since I have been here, my tank has been down and out but over the last month I have finally pieced it back together again! So here is the story! I set up my tank, a 24 gallon nano, with nothing specific in mind, a few corals a few fish blah blah something to...
  3. YumSaltWater

what to do with a 24 gallon nano

I need some ideas...... I switched my reef to a bigger 95 gallon tank but i still have my 24 set up and running. I dont want to just leave it as a quarintine or something, i wanna do something unique with it. Maybe one really cool fish that lives by itself, or an invert....i dunno i cant...
  4. YumSaltWater

controlling algae

I recently underwent a big algae problem, red, green, hairy, crusty i had it all. I took rocks out and scrubbed them and flipped them (not a big deal because i have all of two fish in the tank now) and i also did a big water change. I want to know how you guys keep your algae under control...
  5. YumSaltWater

help! big ole sump bubbles!

My sump is bubbling like a witches cauldron! Big nasty bubble and its driving me crazy! I dont know what to do, i can watch the water rise in the overflow (built in) and when it gets to a certain point its *chug chug chug* bubbles. This is driving me insane! please please help!
  6. YumSaltWater

emergency! help with my clam!

this is a double post but i am freaking out! I recently got a clam and he has been looking good and attching slowly to a rock i set for him. Well this morning i got up an found him almost completely closed with a nauserus (spelled right?) those big white floppy snails lodged underneath him...
  7. YumSaltWater

help emergency! im freaking out! clam and snail!

I recently got a clam and he has been looking good and attching slowly to a rock i set for him. Well this morning i got up an found him almost completely closed with a nauserus (spelled right?) those big white floppy snails lodged underneath him. i quickly removed him but my clam has yet to...
  8. YumSaltWater

particles in the water.

Hey everyone! how are you? Haven't been around in a while but i recently set up my new 95 gallon! Hope to post some pics when more is going on in it. Anyway! I did a water change yesterday and all of yesterday and today there are these very tiny white particles floating through the water...
  9. YumSaltWater

im trying to plan out my 95 gallon, help?

I am buying a 95 gallon in july. i know that is a ways away but i am saving and planning early to hopefully get some nice stuff and make my tank as stellar as possible. so im not sure how many fish i can put in a 95, i have only been working with my 24 aquapod. so here is a tennative list...
  10. YumSaltWater

Planning a new tank (listen to the deal i got)

Time for an upgrade!!!!! I am moving into a new place (more room) so naturally i want to upgrade my reef! i currently have a 24g aquapod and have had success with it. this girl that i deal with at the pet store recently told me she is selling her tank (convenient eh?) So here are the specs...
  11. YumSaltWater

About protein skimmers

So i modded my 24g aquapod and attached a remora nano skimmer. I really am just looking for general tips (maybe some specific to the remora) on break in period, what exactly should be in the collection cup and things like that. What should i be watching for. Right now its been running for...
  12. YumSaltWater

Blue sponges

Ok so i ditched the bio balls/ceramic rings in the back of my tank and replaced them with live rubble. I still have those blue sponges though, is it ok to just get rid of them? Or do they serve some purpose. I know they can build up gunk if they are not cleaned but do i need them to catch the...
  13. YumSaltWater

Is it strange/bad that i...

don't use a protein skimmer? I have a 24 gallon aquapod. 42 lbs of rock. I have a few problem with nitrates but nothing that water changes havent been able to handle. Is it that necessary? Do i need to mod my tank?
  14. YumSaltWater

Shrimp

Hey guys quick question, i recently added a fire shrimp to my tank. to put it short im obsessed he is beautiful. I have a 24 gallon tank, but what is the rule on shrimp, is more than one ok, would they hurt each other if their paths crossed? Would it be better to put a different type of...
  15. YumSaltWater

More pics of my 24g nano!

Been workin hard to get my nano finished, i think im done (of course i always say that until i find something else i want :tongue: ) Any way here it is: Aquapod 24 gallon nano 3lbs live sand 42 lbs live rock corals: torch coral colt coral green star polyps yellow zoos green zoos...
  16. YumSaltWater

bio balls in my reef nano

okay so i just read that bio balls will jack up your nitrates in a reef nano. which is exactly the case im having trouble with my trates as we speak. now my nano came with the blue sponge filter, the bio balls, and this mesh bag of circular white donut things (no idea what they are). what...
  17. YumSaltWater

Baby Urchin

Found this guy today, camera wont pick him up but he is definately one of these... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=591 I know the site gives info but i still want your opions! is he going to hurt anything or should i yank him out? He's really tiny. don't...
  18. YumSaltWater

My 24 gallon aquapod

hey guys, brand new to the forums, getting very excited about salt/reef tanks. here is a pic (sorry for the quality) of my pod so far, been following the instructions of my local pet store they have been very knowledgable and helpful. Stats: 24 gallons 27lbs live rock 1...
  19. YumSaltWater

New to it all

Hey guys, My name is alex, im new to saltwater/reef tanks. I have a 24 gallon aquapod, which ill give details/pictures in a different thread. Lookin forward to chatting with you guys, always looking to learn more and get some help! Thanks! Alex