Search results

1. Triggerjay

Is this Bryopsis? ID Please.

I have it. I run my mag at 1500 with tech-m which is supposed to kill it but it doesn't touch the stuff. I just grab it and pull it off the rocks when it starts to get long. Not a real pain to deal with, but I wish it wasn't there.
  2. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Still waiting on my other light to get here
  3. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Almost embarrassed to post the new tank, but here goes....
  4. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Ca 370 (low) Alk 9 Mag 1500 Ammonia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates 20 Phos 0.1 Ph 8.0 Temp 80 Sg 1.026 Added an extra dose of ca on my doser. Running 2 part. Don't really like to run more ca than Alk, but apparently I need to right now. Aside from ca, nothing obvious stands out. At this point I'm going...
  5. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Well setosa is a complete loss. One of my acros started to lose flesh as well. Getting ready to do a round of testing. I'm guessing I will discover a mini-cycle. Hopefully things settle down soon... I'm going to reefapalooza next month and want to be able to buy.
  6. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Could have been corals stinging each other.. Possibly a temperature issue. Everything was in tubs for two days while preparing the new tank (drilling, installing the overflow, waiting for glue to dry). Casualties of breaking a tank I guess. All params were spot on the whole time though. Without...
  7. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Just got home from work to some burnt tips. Hopefully things won't start to RTN on me.. Fingers crossed. I won't have time to address anything until Monday as I work 12's all weekend with an hour drive on each end. Alk tested fine last night. May be the beginnings of a mini-cycle.
  8. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

I got lucky.. I heard it pop.. Started looking right away.. It was just dripping. Way too close.
  9. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Your telling me. I actually thought about giving it up for a minute. Couldn't sleep that night. All is good now. Just need to let things settle. I told my wife if anything like that happens again I'm done with it. Thankfully I only work weekends so I had time to get it all in order.
  10. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

My sunset monti took a hit. Don't know what happened to it, but there's about a 3/4" grey spot in the middle. This was the same coral about 6 months ago.
  11. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Lol.. My iPhone takes horrible pics.. I will get out my DSLR once I get my rock work arranged. Here's an iPhone pic.. Not much to see right now. Have another light on order too.
  12. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Man, I forgot how nerve wracking it is to set up a new system.. Is the stand level enough... Are there any leaks.. Are the rocks going to fall... Will the sump hold all the water in an outage.. Well so far so good..
  13. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

The damage:
  14. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Picked up a new 65g tank today. It's 36x18.5x24 high. I didn't feel comfortable with a used tank as I don't know what has been in it. I like the size. It should make a nice tank. I finished drilling it, painting the back, and now I'm waiting for the glue on the overflow to dry. This time...
  15. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

I picked up a 72g reef ready bow last night but I noticed the trim is cracked in two places. A little bigger than what I really want too. I guess here in a bit ill go hit up the big box pet stores and see what they have. I'm hoping to find a 60g 30x18x24. It would fit my stand nicely. Gotta go...
  16. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Well, I broke my tank tonight.. Was trying to pull a shim out from under the stand and hit the bulkhead against the wall. Cracked the back from the bulkhead to the bottom of the tank. Everything is in tubs. I want to cry right now.. I feel so stupid.
  17. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

I had missed a couple water changes the last few weeks, so I doubled the size of water changes last week and this week. I used to dose 5ml peroxide, but I cut that off about a month ago. I added carbon pads between my sump baffles a couple days ago just in case I got some unwanted's in the water...
  18. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

This was a few days ago.
  19. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

20. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

SPS still continuing to decline. Hawkins is gone, and now my montiporas are starting to look like their going to go too. Totally baffled. Lps and zoas still doing great.