Search results

1. coppessfam

Solenoid Valve for ATO

Has anyone ever used a Solenoid Valve along with a float for an Auto Top off system. Using the pressure of the RO to top off the a system. AutoTopoff.com
  2. coppessfam

Polycarbonate good or bad

Does anybody know if polycarbonate is good or bad to use in a reef/saltwater tank? I am looking at building a kalkwasser reactor and was looking at the cost of acrylic. The guy I buy my supplies from said he had a piece of polycaronate that is 28" long for $20. The acrylic is $24 per ft. I...
  3. coppessfam

Update to tank wanted to share

I haven't posted in quite awhile. I wanted to share were I am and what I have done. I just finished my latest project this weekend. I upgraded the lighting and built a canopy. I had a Catfish light with 2-65w 10,000k and 2-65w True Actinic w/ 8 led moon lights. Trying to keep the cost...
  4. coppessfam

Black and White Heniochus Butterfly

I just purchased a Black and White Heniochus Butterfly last night. I am still new to the reef tank. So i didn't realize they are not reef friendly. Should I try and return the Butterfly or will it be OK around the Zoos and a Feather Duster I currently have in my tank and are doing well. Next...
  5. coppessfam

55 gal getting ready to set up

I am new to the saltwater/reef tank world. I live in Dayton, Ohio and I haven't had a fish tank for awhile and I am very excited about getting it started. A friend has a 75 gal and has supplied me with a few peices of equipment. But I have read several places not to just take the advice of...