Search results

1. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles 120g Money pit!

well more fun!!!! not really, but I came home and heard a funny sound, turns out it was my six line stuck in my skimmer! So RIP little guy
  2. Mr Bojangles

Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

I KNOW! I was over there this weekend and every thing looks good!
  3. Mr Bojangles

Thanks guys, I will keep that in mind next time it happens. I guess its like RTN for SPS, but I did manage to save the one cap that was going by doing the same thing as you guys said. Well I have more bad news..... seems nothing ever good always happens right? I have flat worms! Bad! my six...
  4. Mr Bojangles

well its been a bit, but I have been tinkering away, and getting ready for a baby has made it a bit tougher to get to the tank. Well I have gotten a few more frags, lots of sps and some zoos (thanks Lynn!) I finally got my frag tank up and running and I hope it works out well., I plan on...
  5. Mr Bojangles

Cheap wavemaker

awwww, thanks for the ego booster lcstorc! Yes you don't need a electrical engineering degree to make it and mine have been running for years with no issue
  6. Mr Bojangles

please help me with my KALK setup

well the option one pump might not be able to pump all the way from the basement. The kalk reactor works by bumping RO water in and mixed kalk comes out. The reactor has alot of kalk powder in in and mixes 2 times a day, so you have fresh kalk that you dont have to mix. Just replace used kalk...
  7. Mr Bojangles

please help me with my KALK setup

I would go with option one. I use a DIY ATO and a aqualifter pump, but I dont think the aqualifter can lift the water that high. Have you considered a kalk reactor?
  8. Mr Bojangles

Attaching a Powerhead to Live Rock

the tunz cave I think is $100!
  9. Mr Bojangles

Attaching a Powerhead to Live Rock

ZIP TIES!!!! Thats what I use
  10. Mr Bojangles

Maxi jet probs

I have had this happen before on older MJ, calcium builds up on the shaft, just take it of and use some fine sand paper and sand it down till the impeller/magnet spins freely
  11. Mr Bojangles

well, its gone, 2 days disappeared! Now my purple cap (also saved from the hurricane) is looking like it has a case of RTN, so I fragged a piece and cut off the infected tissue. I hope this helps. PS- my wife took it well, but as always its my fault (I have learned in marriage to just agree ; P )
  12. Mr Bojangles

I know I bumped it when putting the PH cover in, but that was a tiny spot, I dont know why the whole colony is fading....... my wife's gana kill me when she finds out
  13. Mr Bojangles

NOOOO! Well it looks like my Galaxia (to the right of the rockamajig) has started to recede and it doesnt look good. I hope it makes it, or my wife is gana be mad at me
  14. Mr Bojangles

Reef tank with plumbing on the side?

you sure can, as long as everything flows down you can do it!
  15. Mr Bojangles

Sad but True - how to sell everything

yeah you can save a few of your favorites and setup a small bio cube
  16. Mr Bojangles

Sad but True - how to sell everything

Well I am sorry to see you go, but the best and funnest thing I have even seen is my friend had the same situation and she had a big party and a tank auction and sold everything in the tank in one day except the tank, stand and lights. She made a few hundred more then she was asking for for the...
  17. Mr Bojangles

DI Water filtration??????

have you thought about what to do with wast water? I use mine to fill up the washing machine, turtle tank, plants, ext..... so I technically have no waste
  18. Mr Bojangles

well as promised her are some pics! Before........ here is the whole tank shot, the white rocks are the new ones (duh?) flash no flash Here it is in the tank, you can see some of the rocks slipped down, but I think it will be fine. I also added a few pipes on the...
  19. Mr Bojangles

DI Water filtration??????

well I spent $150 on my ro/di and added a extra DI chamber, and it cost $20 a year to replace the resin. IMO you will be paying $260 a year for some one to change a filter that is basically a RO unit with out the membrain. DI resin traps all charged molecules passing through it, and leaves...
  20. Mr Bojangles

Need Refugium Help!

oh but of course I will be there