Search results

1. R

aquaeuro ps250 or coralife 220??

I have limited my search of skimmers down to these two models and can't decide which one to get. I have found the 250 for 190$ and the 220 for 150$. Can anyone tell me which would be the best skimmer/value. I have a 75g mixed reef, medium bioload. (5 fish, 1 purple tang- 3" 2 clowns 1 gramma...
  2. R

Are these really nassarius snails?

Is Ilyanassa obsoleta or Ilyanassarius obsoleta really considered a nassarius snail? They both burrow and do the whole cleaning of the sand, but will the obsoleta snails be safe in my reef? Does anyone have any experience? Here is a google search on the snail Ilyanassa obsoleta - Google...
  3. R

Ebay aragonite sand?

Has anyone ordered aragonite sand from sellers on ebay? These are the two that I was looking at...
  4. R

Great price for koralia 4's $33.99

Just ordered two. Shipping was 13.99, plus they have a coupon code "TEN" which gave me another 10% off. Koralia Koralia Pump Power Head Aquarium Water Pumps
  5. R

MJ mod 1200 Too much flow??

I was looking at modding to of my MJ 1200's. Does anyone have experience with them on a 4 foot tank? (75 gallons to be exact) I was planning on mounting one on each end of the tank. I am worried that 2000ish gallons flowing from each of them will kick up all of my sand. Its a tiny bit...
  6. R

Pinched Mantle question

I have a gigas that is definitely showing signs of pinched mantle. As well as a derasa that is beginning to show a slight sign. I have done some researching and have found the only hope of saving them is a freshwater bath. My question is I have a crocea that seams to be fine, as of now...
  7. R

Trying to save a tang...

So I am trying to save a tang that this guy had. He didn't have any extra aquariums to put it in to treat it. It has some pretty bad ich. I figured since I have a few extras that I would set up a QT for it and nurse it back to health. I was wondering what would be the best treatment for the...
  8. R

What went wrong?

So I have wanted a clam forever and purchased one a few months ago. The clam was doing well and then one morning when I got up the clam was gaping and half of it was gone. Does anyone know what might have eaten it? It was placed under 400w halides about 8 inches from the surface of the water...
  9. R

achilles and blue hippo

How agressive would you rate an achilles tang. I havn't been able to find anything comparing it to others. I know someone who wants to get rid of his achilles because his yellow tang is too aggressive towards it. Currently I have a blue hippo about 1 1/2 inches and the achilles is about 5...
  10. R

Pacific East vs Your Reef Aquarium...

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two vendors? I was looking at purchasing one of the zoanthid frag packs from them along with a few other corals. These are the two different packs. Pacific East has the better price-...
  11. R

looking for frags in the milwaukee area

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Milwaukee area who was looking to get rid of any of the following, but not limited to- Frogspawn Anchor Zoanthids Mushrooms Xenia
  12. R

problems with my brain

Lately the tissue from my open brain coral has been receding and it never opens up anymore then what can be seen from the pictures. Which really isn't anything at all. Parameters are as follows. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate are 0 Calcium is around 420 Salinity is 1.024 and the Ph is...
  13. R

What to replace this junk with...

I need to replace the pump on my skimmer. It is a Rio 600. I am on my second one already. They just get too loud too fast. Any recommendations on what I could replace it with? This is the pump- Taam Rio 600 RVT (rejuvenating venturi) Powerhead/Pump (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies >...
  14. R

Really cheap hydor koralia 3 & 4's

Hydor Koralia 3 Aquarium Circulation Pump - eBay (item 310012298787 end time Feb-02-08 06:46:59 PST) Hydor Koralia 4 Aquarium Circulation Pump - eBay (item 310014982000 end time Feb-13-08 18:31:40 PST) This is the cheapest I have ever found these.
  15. R

Thoughts on DIY skimmer

looking for thoughts on my idea for a DIY skimmer- my plan is to have a small acrylic box at the bottom for the inlets and outlets the water will enter the box where there will be 2-3 pumps attached to it that will mix the bubbles and water and push them into the column. The outlet is the...
  16. R

staghorn, acropora problems

I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do to stop this problem. I always seem to have a problem whenever I try to keep a staghorn or acropora coral. The tissue just starts to shed off. I have done dips in a "safe" solution to rid it of parasites. I have broken the the parts of the...
  17. R

Can DIY LED lighting support coral growth?

So I bought some Luxeon LEDs over a year ago now and finally decided to sit down and wire them up. I plan on watching the coral to test if its possible for a DIYer to wire LEDs up to support any growth. There are three frags of galaxea and one frag of something that must of broke off awhile...
  18. R

Power supply for LED lighting

I am currently working on building an LED light for my aquarium, but am having difficulty determining the specifications of the power supply. Is there anyone who can help? I am trying to run the LEDs from a 12V DC power supply. LED specifications- 3.4V @ 700mA The LEDs will be ran in...