Search results

1. I

Oceanrunner Pump - Any good?

I scoured the threads for whats good in pumps and went for a 6500 To blow the thread, I had two brand new ones, second direct from AM and both where noisey as hell. But the service was good they had it to me next day delivery. Changed to Eheim, Much better so far. Rergards Dave
  2. I

Ocean Runner 6500 owner question

Hi, 1) Is your 6500 connected with soft to hard pipe ? 2) Have you got it stood on anything or is it just on the suction cups on the sump floor ? 3) Is your 6500 silent or noisey ? I have a new one and its real noisey. Thanks Dave
  3. I

Need A Camera!!!

Okay I will get strung up at dawn for this, I had a Canon, and didnt like it, I wanted something compact and easy to use. Look at the Panasonic Lumix Range (SLR Style) I have a Z3 and its awsome for the price, Hunt out the reviews you will be suprised. Regards Dave
  4. I

Technic Replacement

Hi, i have a chance of a 1000liter Reef aquarium Second Hand, I know this would be finger in the air but how often would you have to replace Skimmers & Pumps etc ? They are Aquamedic & Tunze. What is the life of this sort of equipment ? thanks Dave
  5. I

Lighting - Cannot screw in the ceiling.

Guys, JFKs Hood looks smart, perhaps I should be more clear, I need something thats on the lighter side, Something I can probably manage with One Hand. I did see some Over Tank like standsbut nothing in 63" length. I am also not sure of the configuration, T5 only or a mixture, but of...
  6. I

Lighting - Cannot screw in the ceiling.

Guys, Tank is 150 Gallon, 63inches wide (160cm) I was looking at keeping the works, Fish, Hard & Soft Corals, Inverts. Ideas and suggestions, I cannot hang lights from the ceiling, but I think also a enclosed canopy doesnt work with a reef ? Thanks Dave
  7. I

Check List - What is missing ?

Ro/di Books back out again..... The RO Units seem to have alot of wastage yet a couple of pre filters with the DI seem to do te trick and have no wastage. Any comments on this ? Regards Dave
  8. I

Guys, For confirmation the Tank Size is 160 x 60 x 60 cm which is 63x23.6x23.6 in inches. I make that about 155 Gallons. Regards Dave
  9. I

Gibeon, Thanks for that, but I understood that depends on the water quality in your area, I will check with the local shop he should be able to advise what the quality is like here in Munich. Thanks Dave
  10. I

BoomerD Thanks, I had been looking at some of the remarks said about the Seaclone range. Regards Dave
  11. I

Guys, Apologies I live in Germany and I have been yearning for a Reef since I left England 10 Years ago, I managed to find a resonably priced shop today, and nearly understood what I am about to buy. My take is to get the tank up and running Live Sand & Live Rock and then test etc to the...