Search results

1. michael_cb_125

Average Water Temp, Average Daily Temp Swing and Seasonal Temp Change.

Hello everyone!! I am sitting here watching the snow fall heavily in NC! While looking at the outdoor thermometer I began thinking about aquarium water temperature. When most aquarists think about reef aquarium temperature they imagine a balmy 78-80 F. While many corals thrive in these higher...
  2. michael_cb_125

Fish Pictures

Greats pics everyone! The Angler is a Hawaiian Pygmy Angler. It has held the coloration for the last 6 months. I have never seen another with coloration this vibrant. Typically this species is much more drab in coloration ~Michael
  3. michael_cb_125

So Many New (Screen Names) :)

Thanks for the welcome back everyone! I will update with more pictures in a bit. ~Michael
  4. michael_cb_125

Predator Tank Ideas Welcome!

Puffers and Triggers are great fish, but they dont mix well with lions or any other scorpions. Both Puffers and Triggers are notorious for nipping lionfish spines, resulting in a stressed or dead lion. I am a huge fan of Scorpions! Provided they are all similar in size, they can be kept in...
  5. michael_cb_125

"welcome back! What made you return here?" The last few years I have been crazy busy, I sort of disappeared from all of the online forums. Reef Sanctuary has always been my home forum, this is the first site that I joined!! Does anyone know if Scott (Dentoid) is still around? ~Michael
  6. michael_cb_125

"Did u catch the bandits yourself?" Neh, I had a buddy (RIP) who dove (very deep) in Hawaii. Bandit Angels are endemic to the Hawaiian Island Chain. The only fish I dive for are Atlantic species (In Southern Florida and off the Coast of NC). I actually find some very nice stuff off NC...
  7. michael_cb_125

Fish Pictures

Hello Everyone!!! Lets get a thread started on our fish! Common, Rare, Pretty, Ugly, etc. Lets see some fish pictures!!! I will start!! ~Michael
  8. michael_cb_125

Thanks, I will check out all the new threads!! ~Michael
  9. michael_cb_125

Thanks!! ~Michael
  10. michael_cb_125

Hello Everyone!!!!! I am not new here at Reef Sanctuary, but it has been quite a while since I have been active. For those who have been here a while and remember me, Hello!! For those who do not know me, here is a little background information: My name is Michael and I have a...
  11. michael_cb_125

Clarion Angels!

"For those conscientious aquarists out there, these are on the IUCN Red list of threatened species, 'vulnerable' list. They are only found in very limited areas, thus are vulnerable of disappearing from the wild. There are breeding programs aquaculturing this species. I will get of my soap...
  12. michael_cb_125

Searching for a species.

Barletts are great shoaling fish. There are not any fish species that can actually "school" in the average aquarists aquarium, but there are many that will shoal. Barletts, IMO, tend to be more laid back and dont usually kill each other off like say Lyretails. ~Michael
  13. michael_cb_125

ANOTHER post about marine ich

When I brought in my baby bandit angels I QT'd them for a total of two months in cupramine. I did four week long treatments with a day break in between. Each treatment was met with a higher dose. The fish never stopped eating and I am positive I was free of ick. I also did three rounds of prazi...
  14. michael_cb_125

Just a Few iPhone shots

The fish are Apolemichthys arcuatus (Bandit Angels) I have had them since they were little babies, they are such sweet fish always following me around the tank They are endemic to HI ~Michael
  15. michael_cb_125

Just a Few iPhone shots

Not great photography but I'm trying! Ill break out the G11 later... ~Michael
  16. michael_cb_125

Just a Few iPhone shots

Thanks everyone! I have been messing with camera on my iPhone 5 for the last few days. I am actually quite impressed with the quality for a phone! Here are a few more shots, some better than others:
  17. michael_cb_125

Just a Few iPhone shots

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/michael_cb_125/jk_zpsd20a73ab.jpg ~Michael
  18. michael_cb_125

Michael's Currently Rocky Reef Hoping to be a Coral Reef

Good Morning East Coasters and such! I wanted to let everyone know of another idea that I have floating around in my head.... I leds and have been looking into some of the multi-chip leds. I am not crazy about any of the factory made fixtures, but I could build one my self. I have a 36"...