Search results

1. R

Cycle needs a kick in the...

Thanks SnakeBlitz33. Once I get a bigger bio load I will do that. Blakejohn, I dont have any bioballs. Just relying on the tank, fake plants, fake rock shelters, and all the surface area of sand and everything else. I have an EHIEM wetdry filter lying around somewhere. I thought about filling...
  2. R

Cycle needs a kick in the...

Hello all I'm back. I tore my tank down in 2008. But it feels so good to be back. I decided to do something different this time. Instead of doing a reef tank I decided to do fish only and maybe a few low light mushrooms or something like that. Really not worried about them just want to have...
  3. R

ReefGuy's 55gal Journal

Lights have arrived and are up and running for the scrubber. It will have all full spectrum 67K bulbs. I dont see much growth on it yet. I didnt seed it though. Im going to pluck some algae out of the tank today and will go to town on the scrubber trying to seed it. Will try to get up some...
  4. R

Japan to arrest anti-whaling activists, newspaper reports

Wow.. All i can say is very well done Chipmunk... very well done.
  5. R

Tooting My Own Horn!

Morning Mya. Well from what ive heard Pulsing Xenia is the hardiest. So your chances are the best. Just remember it can take over your tank so keep it in check. Cant wait to see ur pics.
  6. R

super cheap t5 fixture

Wow that is super cheap. they have individual reflectors,come with bulbs, whats the catch?
  7. R

Tooting My Own Horn!

I think you will be fine. Most pumps seems to run alittle lower then what they are even rated for so i wouldnt worry.
  8. R

unknown equipment

Heres a site that should help. It explains alittle more what meters like that are for. you may even be able to search through and find that meter.\ Conductivity Meters, Dissolved Solids Meters and Resistivity Meters Information on GlobalSpec
  9. R

Mugshot thread!

TigerArmy you took the words right out of my mouth.
  10. R

BentMyWookies 25 gallon reef

very Nice Looking Setup. a quick fix to your heat issue may be. during the day open the glass tops to let heat escape and during the night close them back up to keep heat in. You may see the temp stay consistent then. just a thought.
  11. R

Tooting My Own Horn!

a quick test you may want to try is take a bucket and drain your tank into the bucket. cut the power and see how much drains into the bucket. is it 1/2 a gal or 2 or 3. this will give you an idea on how much room to leave for water to fill up for power outages. looks like its coming along nicely...
  12. R

Worm-looking things - HELP ME!!!

or a peanut worm.
  13. R

Dont Use Usps!

I bet no Christmas Card or Bonus for your Delivery Man going to be coming from you.
  14. R

Drilling a Glass Tank

Ahh i assumed there was a limit to how many times you could drill. wasnt aware it was only 10 or so. Still even 10 times and they are $18 per bit. at lets say $5 per person . thats $32 per bit in profit to RS.
  15. R

Drilling a Glass Tank

It would be a smart idea for everyone to chip in and buy one of these bits. And then RS members can like rent them out for $1 plus shipping and it will eventually pay for itself. and then once it does the extra money it brings in can be donated to RS. And One member can mail it to the next...
  16. R

Ok- I Have A Couple Of Other Questions?

Start here. Read Read & Read. then come back and ask any further questions you will have. This will answer 99% of the questions you asked and will want to ask. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/33555-look-frequently-asked-questions.html ^^^Click There^^^
  17. R

drsfostersmith slowest shipping

Ive ordered alot through Dr Foster&Smith. usually its the Salt. Like stated above you cant beat their Shipping on heavy items like that. And usually i can throw little items in here and there and the shipping is only like $5.00 per order. Theyve been great to me. Shipping usually takes bout a...
  18. R

New Reefers 55 gallons of Greatness

My blue hippo tank poops a think Green poo. that everyone seems to want to eat all over again. including him.
  19. R

Tooting My Own Horn!

I think its like a vent. air has to escape somewhere for it to work. I could be wrong though.
  20. R

Hello from the Netherlands

Well i will try to translate what she said. She said Horay for another person from Netherlands, and you wouldnt by chance be an online gamer? I have no clue thats just my interpretation. Welcome Nikaj Hopefully you get your tank soon. But in the meantime read, plan and prepare and you will have...