Search results

1. D

New Photos - Advise

be sure you are shooting perpendicular to the glass. any angle will cause distortion. be sure you are not closer than the minimum focusing distance of the camera. higher iso may allow your camera to select a faster shutter which will avoid motion blur if handholding as well as it might select...
  2. D

Clam shoot

these are great.
  3. D

OT Pics: Out of my element

the cross from reef to botanicals is fairly seamless. nice shots.
  4. D

Cannon D-Rebel!!! What do you think?

...see you in about 3500 USdollars...
  5. D

OT other photographs

great shots!
  6. D

clown goby in anthelia

green clown goby, thanks.
  7. D

clown goby in anthelia

oh travis! you know its my crappy vivitar! thanks for the compliments.
  8. D

clown goby in anthelia

9. D

anyone using 50mm canon macro?

i like that first shot...looks like gulf rock. experiment with the iso and see what you get!
  10. D

agreed. nice seahorse shot!
  11. D

travis is right, but i was responding to this comment.
  12. D

CPR or Remora

remora is better, bakpak is quieter
  13. D

you will need a tripod. the reason being that in macro photography, you want to get your f-stop up to increase your depth of field...put the camera on a tripod, set it to Av mode, set the f-stop to f16 or up to f/22. get a remote shutter release. shoot perpendicular to the glass. the exposure...
  14. D

thought you might like

truthfully, i have just not been doing much with the reef lately. i have cut down my number of tanks from 3 to 1. i still enjoy it, and it's beautiful, but it's full and healthy and not requiring much input from me at this point. also, the photography has taken a life of it's own and is...
  15. D

thought you might like

i'm in no way upset by this, but for future reference, this is probably the least complementary thing you can say to a photographer. us artsy types like to think we had more to do with it than the equipment!
  16. D

addition: the vivitar lense is not as good as the canon. AF is slower. it feels cheaper. but it IS cheaper. i'm just saying if you are on a budget than it can work for you if you learn proper technique. do i want a canon? YES. can i afford it right now? NO. actually, sigma just came out...
  17. D

i don't have it readily available...do a google search and you should find it relatively easily.
  18. D

thought you might like

haven't posted here in a while... but for some reason, i thought you guys would like these...
  19. D

Personal website complete

nice stuff!
  20. D

i purchased a "vivitar" 100mm macro and get good shots. it cost about 130 bux online. i have the 50mm canon macro. it is a much better lense, but not enough reach for aquarium shooting. the tamron and sigma are both good macro lenses as well. technique will be in the end as important...