Search results

1. 1

another skimmer poll, which one?

it is on a 250 gallon system, all the stuff is in my signature. as far as what i want for it is negotiable. If you want to discuss i believe my private message area is set up.:contract:
  2. 1

another skimmer poll, which one?

Hi, Just saw the poll and noticed that you have a lifereef listed. curious if you would be interested in a 1 year old hardly used, run for about a week every 2 months. I am looking to upgrade to a lifereef 6 foot Tall skimmer for my system. do not know if we can do this on this site, I am...
  3. 1

hybrid system question

hi, i am planning on building my own tank and redoing all the equipment i have. i have been doing research on filtration, my question is about the plenum systems. when you set up a plenum, you have a void under 4-6" of gravel and sand, the void is approx. 1 to 1.5". and they say not to...
  4. 1

200+ B or not 200+ B

good luck whatever you decide, bigger is easier and better in my opinion, wow, the cost though!!!
  5. 1

OT: My New Build Big Enough for a Horse!

Re: My New Build Big Enough for a Horse! nice pic, was that rocky mnt. nat. park, have not been up there in years.
  6. 1

sps eating starfish

found this on www.garf.org as i was reading about their grunge. www.garf.org/STAR/starfish.html i have a lot of these starfish in my tank do not know if they have harmed anything though. anyone have any problems with these guys?
  7. 1

"GRUNGE" from GARF

i guess the purpose would be to help seed your tank and give you some very beneficial critters you would not get otherwise from just buying bags of sand. the only reason i am curios is i have a 180 gallon tank that has scratches in it that i am going to turn into a sump/ refug in my basemant...
  8. 1

"GRUNGE" from GARF

Has anyone here ever bought and used "GRUNGE" from www.garf.org. I plan to restart my reef here in the next couple of months, just curious if anyone knows anything about grunge by having used it. thanks so much
  9. 1

Durso Standpipe?

if you want a strainer there are several to chose from at marine depot www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_plumbing_parts_fittings_bulkheads_strainers.asp
  10. 1

Joes Juice good and bad!!!

well everyone that i have talked to has said that joes juice is safe on all corals and only hurts glass anemone's. well seems this is not true, squirted a glass anemone near my open brain and some of the juice got on the brain and ate a hole in it??? how resilient are these types of corals...
  11. 1

red hair algae???

thanks for the replies, the tangs do eat off rock but it usually thrives in the deep cracks where they can't reach... i have to scrape with a toothbrush, not one that i use though, yuk!!!:bigblue:
  12. 1

red hair algae???

Hi, I seem to have agrowing issue in my fuge. There is a lot of what i call red hair algoe growing in it in the rock on the sand bed and on the chaetomorpha and even on the walls of the fuge. None of the LFS in the are seem to know what it is or if has any ill effect on the main tank.. It...
  13. 1

ozone, uv sterilizer...or carbon

Hi all I am having a hard time deciding on whether to go with a uv sterilizer and an ozone machine...i have been using carbon every now and then but the results seem do disipate after a few days. The water begins to turn back to a yellow haze.... does an ozone machine and a uv sterilizer...
  14. 1

First Rotating Output Powerhead....worth it?

thanks, a sequence reefflo dart pump
  15. 1

ASM skimmer Question

i like the lifereef brand my lfs runs on their tanks and the goo that it pulls out, wow. mine is awesome www.lifereef.com, it is out of sump style
  16. 1

there is another product that i have found do not know price but it is at www.wavysea.com
  17. 1

yeah kind of pricy but worth it in my book, i am kind of picky about piping in the tank and having cords run everywhere, think the look of the revolutions that they offer are very clean. here are my pics.
  18. 1

if you are interested in changing the flow in your tank go to www.oceansmotions.com and check out their revolutions units and 2,4 and 8 way diverters....they are awesome use one on my tank, saw an immediate change in health of all things in tank, massive waterflow capabilities.
  19. 1

id on these please

have the first two pics taken from sump, they pop up for a month and then disappear for a month or so. third pic is in main tank, been there for a while never saw any of the maroon hair until recently then saw the hair and the little polops one day? at first thought is was red algae(which i...
  20. 1

Protien Skimmers?

Agreed on the lifereef, i run one and love it easy to setup and use check their site... www.lifereef.com