Search results

1. J

Torn between 20 or 30 Gallon Long tank.

What are the specs on a 30 long? Is it a "30 breeder" ?
  2. J

My DIY Plans for a Stand

4x4's are overkill.. taken to a whole new level. 2x4's are overkill for anything less than 75 gallons.. Look at what the manufacturers use.. 1x4's.. stapled and glued.. and they carry a warranty.. Truth is.. its all in the design.. you could use 1x4's in your framing and skin it with a...
  3. J

Water Filter Suggestions Please!

Actually.. you've just confirmed to me and anyone that knows something about a good RO/DI unit that the unit you are touting is complete garbage. They advertise it as an all mighty 6 stage unit with dual DI's... I'm sure they've sucked alot of customers in to thinking these units are the real...
  4. J

Water Filter Suggestions Please!

Yes.. your RO/DI may work with the low well pressure... but here is something to keep in mind: the best rejection rate of your RO membrane will take place with the higher pressure. Also that $87 RO/DI unit posted above looks like garbage.. looks like its made of cheap canisters and...
  5. J

40g Breeder - idWinter

A 40g breeder is such a perfect "small" tank. Thanks for sharing.
  6. J

Reds first sw tank

The advantages of DI added to your RO system are explained as follows: An RO membrane for the most part does not reject 100% of the bad stuff.. The good RO membranes might get you 95-97% rejection.. So your output RO water will still possibly be above 0 TDS.. this really depends on how bad...
  7. J

Joe's 20L - The Ultimate Work In Progress

How-to: Make your own 70w MH Pendant - Nano-Reef.com Forums Here is an older thread where I'm getting the general idea of about using the halogen housings.
  8. J

20 gallons of potential:
  9. J

Completed skeleton/framing:
  10. J

Pocket holes by way of a mini Kreg pocket hole jig:
  11. J

Bottom frame section:
  12. J

All clamped, screwed and glued up. Note the nifty $2.99 corner clamps on each corner.
  13. J

Countersunk and ready for screws & glue:
  14. J

Prepping to cut a straight cut with a circular saw:
  15. J

DIY Light?

Even though it is a Metal Halide.. it is of 100w variety. If it requires a 100w bulb, then the ballast can only fire a 100w bulb. As far as I know, there are no 100w bulbs that are targetted for the aquarium industry.
  16. J

Stand is being designed around a template that is in huge discussion on RC. Here is the design template. For the bottom and top boxes, I am using 2x3's. For the upright legs, I will be using 1x4's. The green parts in this design are "screw strips" and their only function is to screw the...
  17. J

Cadlight ShowOff

China imports, from the looks. CADLIGHTS
  18. J

If Johnny Cash's Cadillac were an aquarium...

Love that cherry colored stand and canopy.
  19. J

Had intensions of going to Lowes and getting my 1"x4"s, wood glue and screws and walked out $70 later . Always happens.. :) Had to grab a square, level, couple of clamps, Mini Kreg Jig, etc.. etc.. Skeleton/Frame will be built from 1"x4"s.. pocket hole joining, screws and some Titebond...
  20. J

DIY Light?

About the only thing that will appreciate that light would be algea. What is your budget? You can still put that to use, with a little DIY: HOW TO: DIY $110 150w MH Pendant - Regent Revisited - Nano-Reef.com Forums