Search results

1. R

Test Kits...

I have a Dr Wellfish kit for Nitrate and one from Red Sea. The Red Sea kit is showing next to zero nitrates. Dr. Wellfish is about 30. Not sure which to believe. Everything in my tank is healthy/doing well. Thank you.
  2. R

Small green worms? Snails?

I have few of what looks like inchworms clinging to the glass. They also float with the current. They are whittish/green? Any ideas what they might be?
  3. R

Some 24 gal aquapod advice (filtration)...

I had a problem with nitrates for the longest time. Could not get them down and advice I received here helped tremendously. I have seen the "What do I put in the back of my aquapod?" question many times and I had it myself. The right combo I have found is live rock (about 3lbs), charcoal...
  4. R

Lighting Question...

I have several corals: colt (large), bubble, polyps, shrooms...will they probably make it a few days?
  5. R

Lighting Question...

I am going away for about 4 days. I can only hook one light into my timer...(long story) should I go with actinc or the flourescent (24 gal aquapod) Thank you.
  6. R

A white stringy wormlike thing coming from Polyps...

I'll try but it vanishes when the polyps expand...is it harmful?
  7. R

A white stringy wormlike thing coming from Polyps...

anyone have an idea? Is this how they reproduce? When my lights are dim/off is when it occurs...a worm-like white thread coming out of the star polyps.
  8. R

Can I add another coral? If so taking suggestions?

24 aqaupod. 3 fish, (cardinal, psedochromis, bi color damsel), 1 coral banded shrimp 3 corals, large leather (tree), bubble, and star polyps...can I add another coral? If so...any suggestions? Standard quapod lighting/filtration.
  9. R

"Biomass?"/Polyp question...

currently I have a 24 gal aquapod/3 fish/coral banded shrimp/star polyp/leather coral/bubble coral...I have heard some talk about biomass...am I at my limit (standard lighting/filtration for aquapod). Polyp question...I have noticed in the dark there are several long white "stringy"-like...
  10. R

One last Aquapod question...

Thank you to all the replies of my Nitrate problem. Q: What should I have in the back chamber of my Aquapod??? Right now I have one blue sponge, about 3lbs live rock and a bag of chemi pure (in there about a month and a half). Appreciate any and all recommendations...:guns: :wave:
  11. R

I give, raise the white flag, Nitrate has defeated me...

I have not been vacumming the substrate (live sand) should I? System is 8 mos old. I use RO water that I did test. Thnak you.
  12. R

Thank you for all of the replies. I do weekly water changes...about 3.5 gallons a pop. I feed about once every other day. I believe I have about 30lbs live rock in the tank...3lbs branch rock in the back. Frustrating beyond belief. I will raise the salinity.
  13. R

I have tried evrything...still having Nitrates in the 30-40 range... 24 Gallon aquapod 4 fish (damsel, psuedochromis, cardianal, mandarin) Sand Polyps, Bubble Coral, Open Brain, Leather Coral Peppermint shrimp All other readings normal: Nitirie: 0 Amonia: 0 PH: 8.3 Salinity 1.021...
  14. R

Thanks to all on the Nitrate advice...did/doing the following:

Removed Bio Balls Took Out One Sponge Boiled/Rinsed out one and replaced Took out "Fluvall" Bio Cubes (recommended by LFS)-was in a mesh back and I'll bet harboring Nitrates Rinsed Carbon Toady I will purchase LR rubble The back of my 24 gallon aqaupod will only have one large blue...
  15. R

High Nitrates...

My LFS told me that the bioballs and sponges are necessary for "good bacteria" andrinsing them was actually hurting as it was taking good bacteria out of the tank. I have heard the live rock suggestin before. So in the back I would only have Live Rock and Carbon?
  16. R

High Nitrates...

I am feeding a combination of pellets (about every other day) + some bloodworms for the mandarin, occassional (once every two weeks) chunk of pink shrimp for the open brain and once every two weeks phyto plankton.
  17. R

High Nitrates...

Tank is 7mos old. In the back I have carbon (changed once), bioballs and sponge filter. The livestock is doing very well (or appears to be). One peppermint shrimp also. Thank you for the welcome.
  18. R

High Nitrates...

4 fish (psuedochromis, cardinal, bicolor damsel, mandarin (who eats blood worms)). 4 coral (polyps, leather, bubble, open brain). Approx 30lbs live rock, 22 lbs live sand. Bio balls still in.
  19. R

High Nitrates...

24 Gallon Aquapod...how do I bring the Nitrates down. All else is good. Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, Ph 8.2. Tank is 7 months old. Nitrates typically 25-40. Doing weekly water changes (around 20%). Any suggestions...