Search results

1. fishheads

zenia melting..

well my zenia has been passing for the last couple of hours,slowly shriveling away...what should i do,remove him or let him stay in my tank..some people say leave them because they might come back....what is your suggestion:drool:
  2. fishheads

Some New Tank Shots Of My Reef

not the best shots in the world,because i'm not camera savy..i just put in a algea scrubber a week ago..let me know how you like it,critique my tank..give me some pointers:contract:
  3. fishheads

lionfish vibrations,shaking like hes shivering..RIP

This is the second time that i've seen a lionfish do this, before dieng shortly after...it's like he is shivering..has anyone else ever seen this behavior,i'm sure i'm not the only one to have ever seen this twice..i can't find anything in any books for the cause of this..SORRY rdragon for your...
  4. fishheads

OT: wheres my karma gone-i want it

my lovely signifacant other has given me,and others, a but load of karma but my meter is stuck at 410----she of all people know that i deserve it---whats the deally yo..HELP IV'E BEEN ROBBED:wit:
  5. fishheads

need info on a eaunice worm AKA bobbit AKA palolo

are they harmful to my tank...or are they like bristle worms,with mixed feelings on whether they are benificial or predator depending on who you ask....CAUSE I HAVE ONE..AND I DONT THINK IM WILLING TO TEAR DOWN MY REEF TANK TO EXTRACT HIM IF I DONT HAVE TO...........YOUR FRIENDLY FISH GUY
  6. fishheads

help..broken glass thermometer in my reef

:drown: should i be worried of a floating thermometer in my tank that has shattered and been there probably more than a week...do i have to worry about mercury in my tank....the top was busted out of it but the bottom tip was not harmad...i think there is red wax that seals it....am i correct
  7. fishheads

how good is the coral vue octopuss calc.reac.

i have an offer of a coral vue octopuss 6 1/2 single chamber calcium reactor with bubble counter but no co2 tank or regulator....im trading about $300 worth of stuff...how good is the calcium reactor & how easy is it going to be to find a co2 tank with regulator for cheap......:snshne:
  8. fishheads

1000 Watt Mh-$100---?

SHOULD I GET SOME METAL HALIDES THAT I HAVE FOUND ON CRAIGSLIST...THE GUY SAYS THEY WERE USED FOR ABOUT 88 HOURS...IS THIS GOOD AS FAR AS LIGHTING GOES.....THE PRICE IS EXCEPTIONAL.....JUST WORRIED ABOUT THE HRS...HOW LONG ARE THEY NORMALY GOOD FOR...THIS PRICE INCLUDES...
  9. fishheads

DIY CALCIUM REACTORS..SCHEMATICS PLEASE,tank help

Hey guys need some info on a DIY calc.reactor ,parts and too the tee schematics...(step by step...lamens if you would please)& skimmer that works efficiently...cause i dont have alot of money for the top of the line stuff..i do have some nice things that are working for me,cheap not top of the...
  10. fishheads

is the black limpet reef safe(scutus)

i put a scutus in my tank about 2 months ago....thinking i would never see him again...alot of my mushrooms are bieng eaten..i was wondering if it was him ...well, i caught the sucker.. now what..i dont want him to be puffer,trigger lunch if he doesnt have to be.....am i just paranoid of...
  11. fishheads

can you guys tell me about acanthastrea???

i think that is what it is called...it looks alot like favia....i picked up a huge bleached piece at the LFS hoping to turn it around.....from what i hear it is a very expensive coral,ranging from 30 dollars to 120 per polyp for the kind i have(red & pink)..like i said it is very,very bleached...
  12. fishheads

what are the best salts?what do you use?

Why do you like your salt...What is your preference....do you use cheap salts & has it effected you negatively...IF YOUR AN EXPERT ON SALTS..please rate them for us(especially me) from best to worst...i currently use oceanic & am very pleased with it...i also use red sea occasionly:thumber:
  13. fishheads

How To Catch A Euclid Worm??anyone..

:help: WELL IT APPEARS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A EUCLID WORM IN THE AQUARIUM TRADE... NOW,HOW DO I GET RID OF HIM...IS HE DANGEROUS.....WHAT DOES HE EAT....HOW BAD WILL IT HURT WHEN HE BITES ME....IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS GUY...SO ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ....HES ON A ROCK WITH WITH A PISSY...
  14. fishheads

Does Anyone Have A Pacific Cold Water Tank..if So..

I Am Thinking About Starting A California Coastal Tank...are All Parameters The Same...I know ill need a chiller, what temp.......is It Illegal To Harvest Anemones Up The Coast From Monterey To Bodega....what Anemones Are There...urchins..starfish...snails..what Other Animals Are...
  15. fishheads

WHAT ARE T5's are they better than MH

I HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT T5's....WHAT ARE THEY AND ARE THEY BETTER THAN MH...I THINK THERE VHO's CORRECT?? I HAVE SLOWLY BUILT MY REEF AND LIGHTING BY THE SKIN OF MY TEETH....EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS WERE A PROBLEM...SOME ONE FILL ME IN SO IM NOT LEFT OUT OF THE LOOP....HELL I MIGHT HAVE T5's FOR ALL...
  16. fishheads

My Skunk Cleaners=babies Lots & Lots

HELLO MY FRIENDS,Is there a snowballs chance in haydes that any of my skunk cleaners babies will survive.....my tank has been converted to a thick shrimp soup several times at 3oclck in the morn....but by day break nuttin...has anyone had success in an aquarium full of animals......i am just...
  17. fishheads

OT: can i send you my pics,& you resize & post

im not literate in resizing photos and i have so many to post....i was wondering if it is possible for me to send them....and someone would be kind enough to post .....or give me insight on irfanview
  18. fishheads

reef sanctuary is an addiction

:spinner: ive literally been on here for 2 days...i love it,learning and sometimes helping:explode:
  19. fishheads

my karma is not going up...

i dont know how to get or give karma...i think i give info to the best of my ability...im kinda knew to the sanct. and you have been very helpful...how do i give you guys karma when you help me.....how do i get karma... :turntable
  20. fishheads

star burst rose anemones,ILLEGAL??

:meeting: does any one know whether or not star burst rose anemones are illegal for sale..and why....ive heard this....just wondering if its true,i cant find them anymore...they were abundant in LFS and now only PRIVATE PARTIES have them