Search results

1. Mrsalt

Just witnessed something unusual

Ok folks something weird just happened in the tank. I was just looking in the tank at the corals when I noticed this red like cotton looking string about 4 inch long. So I'm thinking how did that get in there when all of a sudden it just popped into hundreds of tiny spheres. I couldn't take pic...
  2. Mrsalt

So what's a good dslr camera and lens for taking decent pics without raiding a bank.

Ok so I'm at a point of frustration, my iPad sucks at taking tank and coral pics. Everything is just too blue and does not come through in true colours that I see . So I'm thinking I'd like a camera and lens preferably macro so I don't have to stand the other side of the room to get close ups of...
  3. Mrsalt

Interzoo piccy leak

My Lfs has shared a load of pics from interzoo that I thought I'd leak out to you all
  4. Mrsalt

Cskim caution. Don't leave them unused without reading this :)

I have a Red Sea Cskim 1800 that came with the tank, and I'd thought I'd share my recent mistake with you guys so that you don't make the same mistake. Today I thought I'd run up my redundant cskim skimmer as I havn't used it in 6 plus months after swapping it out sometime back. Now when I took...
  5. Mrsalt

Just watched this and laughed my socks off.

Don't know if its been posted already, but the guy is very funny. http://reefbuilders.com/2014/04/23/true-facts-about-the-octopus/ Enjoy ;)
  6. Mrsalt

Quick guide

So I thought I'd start a quick biology thread which I think would be great for everyone's input. I want everyone to feel free to add info down based on their own experiences and knowledge learned from them. Think of it being a open biology clinic. So things I have learnt in the past year are...
  7. Mrsalt

Great day for our Australian friends :)

Don't know if anyone follows formula 1 but what a great drive by Daniel Ricardo. You ozzy's must be chuffed with that:)
  8. Mrsalt

Anyone using coral snow by KZ?

Just bought some today. My thinking is I will add some 2 times a week and see if I get any improvement with my corals. Is anybody else using it and have they noticed any effects good or bad? [Url]http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/83315-als-red-sea-650-a.html[url]
  9. Mrsalt

Parameter tank problems, too much gha and Xenia

Where to start.? I have too much Xenia and I know a lot of people have trouble keeping this stuff, but I seem to have the opposite problem. The stuff is like weed, that has spread all over the place probably not helped be me trying to suck the stuff of rocks with a siphon. I wondered if my...
  10. Mrsalt

New year Tank related resolutions.

Thought it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has made a promise to their dearly beloved tank/s this year. For me it has to be something simple so that I remember lol, so I'd thought I must get into the habit of doing all my cleaning more methodically. As I tend to change water, scrape...
  11. Mrsalt

See you next year ;-)

Well I've just hit 2014, watched some fireworks over the Thames river and just wanted to say if your still in 2013 I'm now in the future :p Happy new year everyone :) [Url]http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/83315-als-red-sea-650-a.html[url]
  12. Mrsalt

Red Sea alk testing.

Just to check that I'm doing this right really. I've been using their test kits all along but with the alk test do you guys take the titration reading the momment it starts to change colour from blue through to like dim purple through to lighter reddish colour. As I take mine the momment it...
  13. Mrsalt

Peacock wrasse feeding.

Right after much deliberation last Saturday I bought a peacock wrasse mainly due to the fact I love the look of these fish. The problem is he hides most of the day in the sand. Today I see him out and about and thought I'd feed the fish and observe him eating for piece of mind. Well he didn't...
  14. Mrsalt

Kalk reactors- best design ?

Just wondering what people think to the TLF kalk reactor, as I have had a deltec in the past which worked a treat until the motor gave out. Got it repaired but sold it a while back. Want to start thinking about running one overnight via a dosing pump with a set amount of water less than evap...
  15. Mrsalt

ALS Red Sea 650

Hi all, Well it's another 650 tank thread, but since there is so much good advice on here about these tanks I'd be stupid not to create a thread to keep all my questions in one place as well. You'll have to bear with me as I probably be asking some seriously dumb questions from time to time...
  16. Mrsalt

Hello all

Hello to every one on here, I have been reading a lot of threads on here and am impressed with the friendliness of the forum so it's high time I posted to say hello. I have been reefing for a while and although I am a member of another forum I have kept myself to myself really. I currently...