Search results

1. kyle1284

went to a friends house and saw these in his tank were not sure what these are....

Re: went to a friends house and saw these in his tank were not sure what these are... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/6960-amphiscolops-sp-harmless-acoel.html that thread talks about them being harmless. they look just like the flatworms in the thread pics...
  2. kyle1284

went to a friends house and saw these in his tank were not sure what these are....

Re: went to a friends house and saw these in his tank were not sure what these are... i am starting to read and there are a couple sites that say these types are harmless and at times the population just needs to stay in check. true or not?
  3. kyle1284

Re: went to a friends house and saw these in his tank were not sure what these are... the bad kind? none of his corals are retracted inward at all. does he need to get rid of them? what kind of flat worms are they?
  4. kyle1284

what are yalls thoughts? sorry about the grainy picture. its from my i phone.
  5. kyle1284

What to spend $223 on?

a share of facebook.com tomorrow
  6. kyle1284

Mistakes You've Made

had a heathy reproducing snail population in my 75 gallon 7 years ago when i was in college. Added a Black Niger Trigger.... well you can guess the rest.... started to fill a 5 gallon jug with RO/DI water on top of the washer and left for a mini vacation. well... you can guess the rest...Came...
  7. kyle1284

Anthias...Do's and Do not's in keeping them

what did they respond to the best?
  8. kyle1284

i love the way the Dispar Anthias look. after reading a bit it seems that its perfered that they be in schools of 4 or more. How do you coax the fish into converting to mysis or other fish food?
  9. kyle1284

i am going to be ordering some from live aquaria. com and the one thing i am worried about is if for some reason the send me 2 males and 2 females. will the dominating male kill the other or will one male turn into a female? the reason why i am asking is becuase a couple of species its a mix...
  10. kyle1284

I am thinking about getting some Anthias. Very beautiful fish that look good when they are schooling. What are the easier to keep , more peaceful, Anthias that would be a good addition to a 210 gallon? I am thinking about getting either 3 or 4 of them. Thanks for the reply ahead of time !
  11. kyle1284

My Ongoing Cyano Battle

vodka dosing and strong protein skimming. Follow the rules of vodka dosing and your saltwater keeping life will change for the good
  12. kyle1284

Starphire/Custom Aquarium... $$$!?

my question was, in all due respect, have you ever seen a regular pane of aquarium glass compaired to a starphire pane of glass inside a tank with water. Once light hits it both panes light up equally and there is no visable difference between the regular pane and the starphire pane. This was...
  13. kyle1284

Starphire/Custom Aquarium... $$$!?

have you ever put a starphire pane and a regular glass pane inside a tank with water in it? they look the exact same... not worth the money IMO
  14. kyle1284

The Nguyen'ing 90

sweet... not the 500.00 ticket tho
  15. kyle1284

I need some advise fast!!!

Since it was prob seized up for about a day (judging on the evap from the display tank) is there anything I should be lookin for as far as damage is consirned? I did not see any buldges or any melted areas anywhere...
  16. kyle1284

Went home for lunch took it apart and there was a snail shell stuck in the impellar...took it out and it's runnin fine now... Damn snail. My params are all out of wack it's going to be a bit before rhey are all back to normal
  17. kyle1284

It has cooled down for about 6 hrs when I get home today I'll try it out
  18. kyle1284

I need your help and advise. I was gone for 5 days and my ato ran outta water and I think my mag drive ran dry for a day and does not work. It hums but does not pump. Did I ruin the pump or is there something I can just replace in it and get it running? It's a mag 7. Thanks for any help in advance
  19. kyle1284

Brown Diatom in substrate

sounds like u need a goby....
  20. kyle1284

!!!20g for reals!!!

really?