Search results

1. DianaKay

My RSM is cray

If you know which rock the bad guys are in.... I think removing that rock out of your tank into a QT tank would be a good option. Not having seen a tank picture (a picture would be nice!) another option might be to remove the corals so you can leave them in the tank & take the rock out. How...
  2. DianaKay

HELP! Need an ID please

Very PRETTY little fish! Hope you share more pictures. :) Good luck with a long happy tank life for her/him. :pico:
  3. DianaKay

ID required please

Hello Lee :wave: Sometimes getting good clear pictures is near impossible :cool: Here's another hitchhiker ID web page that I keep bookmarked: http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker.shtml (Off site link) You might find clues there. :fingerscrossed: Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:
  4. DianaKay

VOTE for December 2015's TOTM!

:celebrate: I voted too! :cheers:
  5. DianaKay

DianaKay's RSM 250

Took a few pictures today, I'm still in a nasty battle with Bryopsis but it is kindly staying behind my rockscape for the most part. As agressively as I pull & siphon it out during weekly WC's, I'm surprised that it isn't wider spread by now. Sad part is: I need to frag and give away some...
  6. DianaKay

December 2015 TOTM Nominations!

I hope @Paul B will accept the nomination!! (He has opted out before o_O....maybe he will accept this time :fingerscrossed:)
  7. DianaKay

New tank problems

Hi Developer :wave: :rbwwelc:Welcome to Reef Sanctuary :crowd: Very good choice of tanks & SW is very exciting! Thinking you will L:heart:VE IT :D Did you let your new tank cycle before adding fish :fishy::fishy: Are you testing for ammonia & nitrite? :fishy: Start a tank thread & share your...
  8. DianaKay

new person

Hi there Thomas from Michigan :wave: :rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd: Tell us about your tank or plans for one....Sharing here is FUN & can make most reefers more successful. :) Glad you joined in :thumbup: VERY BEST WISHES....:cruiser:
  9. DianaKay

Hello

Hello JMF :wave: :rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd: Hope you make yourself at home :couch: here and get some helpful information. Ask ???'s and post some pictures to share your tanks with us :) VERY BEST WISHES...:cruiser:
  10. DianaKay

HELP! Cleaner Wrasse in sump!!!

Oh No!! :wah: Sorry for your loss :( You should test your water parameters as something might have caused an ammonia spike.
  11. DianaKay

semi-aggressive or peaceful tank?

I think you are making a better choice going with peaceful fish in that small of a tank. :thumbup: You have tank length & a very nice rockscape to your advantage but keep in mind the full grown size of your fish & don't overcrowd. Do you have your 1st fish in yet? :fishy:
  12. DianaKay

Stupid question !!!

First off, there are no "stupid questions" Every question you could ask is one that someone else has wondered about & needed an answer to also. :) From my understanding....Ammonia is harmful to livestock at any level. Giving your tank time to do a full cycle is your best option. Time &...
  13. DianaKay

HELP! Cleaner Wrasse in sump!!!

:yeehoo: Glad you got him back in the display tank... Sounds like a frustrating event doing it tho :confused: Hope he doesn't try that again!! :hammerhead: :D
  14. DianaKay

Once more yonder

Hello Paul :wave: :rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd: You're jumping back in on the deep end :thumber2: That's a nice tank!! :D Start a tank thread in the Red Sea Max Owners forum and share your build. Lots of nice members here with that tank who will surely help you if you have any...
  15. DianaKay

Do test kits go bad?

I would say YES....Simply because they are dated to expire at the end of their "shelf life". You can test with them and not trust the results. Very unfortunate because they are usually not cheap to replace. I don't test my water very often because everything looks healthy...I do need to...
  16. DianaKay

My two reef tanks.

@Yariel0527 You have some AMAZING PICTURES in this thread... Would L:heart:VE to see some progress pictures of your fish & corals! :sunshine:How is your tank doing? :fishy:
  17. DianaKay

HELP! Vermatid / tube snail

Hello Naterade :wave: :rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd: It would be great to find something that would eat the dreaded Vermetid Snails but unfortunately, I don't think there is anything. I tried at first to remove them but that was a bigger job than I could keep up with. I just...
  18. DianaKay

Tank turned 49 this year

We should all note: We can still be working on tank improvements 40 years from now. Paul B ...You always amaze me with all the well thought-out DIY projects you come up with. No wonder how your tank does so well. Good Luck getting the lights shaped up for your tank. :thumber2:
  19. DianaKay

Skimmer adjustment question

I think scum will just accumulate as mine does the same thing. I empty the liquid skim as needed and clean scum weekly. Be thankful that it's being removed from your system. :thumbup: