Search results

1. Pawlu

Lantern Basslet and more..

2. Pawlu

Montipora plates touching each other.

Nice is that a pure montipora? Good to know they get along!
  3. Pawlu

Montipora plates touching each other.

Will they fight or get along? I have two plates that are now touching each other, they are different species.
  4. Pawlu

Green Star Polyps turning silvery white.

Well light and flow can also play a role in my case i did reduce light intensity (whites mostly) and increased water flow. As long as the polyps are opening it should recover. I have lost GSP before for reasons i never figured out.
  5. Pawlu

. You can see the same GsP to the far left of this shot.
  6. Pawlu

8.0 to 8.3 my pH was in the low end 7.7 and over time things started to go south, i now keep a stable ph of around 8.1
  7. Pawlu

Colours came back over time, its now a nice green again.
  8. Pawlu

A year later!

here's a shot with an SLR
  9. Pawlu

A year later!

Some fresh pics, getting great coral growth, pics taken with iphone so not great but gives you an idea.
  10. Pawlu

38 Gallon Innovative Marine Nano Reef Project.

You can see some more recent pics on Aquarium Photography section, topic "A year later"
  11. Pawlu

38 Gallon Innovative Marine Nano Reef Project.

Hello Twicefish, thank you for your comments and i am glad my pictures have helped, i do plan on posting some updates the first chance i get as i have made some more modifications. Plus corals have grown a lot since the last pics i took.
  12. Pawlu

Help with GHA & Red Slime Cyano.

Well the first thing was patience, it took me approx 4 months to fix the issue. It also took an entire change in the way I was doing things. The main changes are: 1) Increased water changes to 15% weekly 2) Increased water flow (doubled the size of the overflow pump, added MP10) and...
  13. Pawlu

Help with GHA & Red Slime Cyano.

GHA and Cyano free now for a month! battle won..
  14. Pawlu

A year later!

Yes the sympodium is doing well, it is low in the tank but exposed to lots of flow and changing currents. I hope it spreads, could not find much info about this coral.
  15. Pawlu

A year later!

Thank you! Will try to post some more this week.
  16. Pawlu

A year later!

So, a year later, been through some bad phases, made lots of mistakes, dealt with GHA and Cyano outbreaks, but balance prevailed and things are now moving on the right track. Attached are some shots..
  17. Pawlu

Magnesium dropping, not sure why..

Thanks for the tips!
  18. Pawlu

I use reef crystals with added calcium, as for dosing, any recommended product and method?
  19. Pawlu

Ok so what should i start dosing to maintain mag?
  20. Pawlu

Actually i just opened a new bucket of salt, same salt mix as i usually use, just a fresh bucket. If kalk gradually increases mag then Increasing kalk dose to 1.5tsp per. 2.5 gallons should help maintain the declining mag.