Search results

1. bigfish

Serious Algae Issue

marc weiss makes a miracle product called algae magic. it really works within a week all that algae will be gone i swear by it! not very much either and it is safe with all corals and fish~ let me know how it goes
  2. bigfish

New tank pictures!

your tank is amazing. i dream of one day having my tank look a tenth as good and i would be thrilled!! nice work keep it up bro!!
  3. bigfish

Hey

welcome and the best advice i can give is do things right the 1st time it will save you time and lotsssssss of money!! read and learn lots here!
  4. bigfish

Cyano Problem

i have tried to eliminate my t5 and just run my vho which is 2 actinic and one50/50 at like 12 or 13k... it is really blue but i still was getting cyano and i didnt want to hurt my corals because honestly they are the highest priority in the tank. i am on a very ligt feeding schedule for...
  5. bigfish

Cyano Problem

Ever sice i have set up my tank i am getting algae and red cyano that i have to scrape and clean weekly to keep my tank looking good. My parameters are as follows: PH 8.2 Kh:160 ppm calcium:500 Ammonia:0 nitrite:0 nitrate:0!!!!!! mag:1220 I use all rodi water and i tested it and it...
  6. bigfish

Fish treatment question

Hi today my friend gave me a beautiful maroon and gold striped clownfish that he had in his fish only tank. It was attacked by the trigger or lionfish. His tail is pretty tore up, some nice flesh showing/ hanging. i put him in a 10 gallon tub and treated him with .3 copper....paracure. Now i...
  7. bigfish

Blacklight at night??

As before this is a debated topic and i have yet to find the right answer so please everyone chime in on your opinion!!!
  8. bigfish

Blacklight at night??

yeah it really pulls colors out of some of my corals i never imagined being on there! especially my ricordia..
  9. bigfish

The Full Tank Shot Thread!!!

ok i wanted to wait till i got my good camera back to take some pics but here i have never posted a pic of my tank so if anyone is curious........and it looks better in person this camera really sucks! Side view#1 Side #2 FTS:
  10. ftsss

ftsss

11. side_view

side_view

12. sssss

sssss

13. bigfish

Blacklight at night??

I have been looking all over on the topic and i cant seem to find a definitive answer. Last night i was shining a blacklight in my tank to see the results and it was spectacular! Everything really glowed~ so i have been researching today only to find mixed responses. I have read it puts off...
  14. bigfish

April '08 Photo Contest!

hey frankie what is the name of that bottom coral pic you have there>? that is the one we are all in discussion about i think!
  15. BPCXWAVE509386

BPCXWAVE509386

16. bigfish

April '08 Photo Contest!

that is what my friend was telling me..... but google beautiful pink creeping xenia and they look identical! well never mind here is a pic! not mine or for photo contest!
  17. bigfish

Vho And Sps?

in the vho pic~ yesterday i actually changed over from 2 50/50 and 1 vho to 2VHO and 1 50/50. thus the reason so blue but it really does put out some good colors. I run my 2 54 watt 6500k like 4 hrs at mid day but i just like the blueish tint much better! good luck and sorry those pics are so...
  18. bigfish

Vho And Sps?

t5's on with vho vho only but like i said this camera is terrible and the colors are mcuh better in person!!
  19. vho

vho

20. t5

t5