Search results

1. Jorgens

Aqua Trader?

I bought the 72" MH fixture about 18 months ago. With the understanding that replacing the ballast was a key part. The stock ballasts are not that great and do not put out as much as the reeflux I bought. The bubls are very yellow so I replaced those as well, but most people do have a...
  2. Jorgens

too much filtration?

Other than the pod problem You can use canister filters. The type of Medis you use will affect how it works and it's performance. If you use it for mechanical and chemical you will not have nitrate problems any more than anyone else. However, if you use a "bio-media" than for sure you will...
  3. Jorgens

Anyone need Cerith snails?

i got the orgionals for the good Drs. ? They certainly look like ceriths...ther are 3 differnet spicies. I can't remember which exactly i have. good diatom/alge eaters....leave corals alone....and just have that rabbit gene
  4. Jorgens

Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector

I got a pair of the 4's.. there really nice...quiet.....I'm contimplating on geting another pair and hooking them up to a wavemaker...
  5. Jorgens

Bristle worms

:lol:
  6. Jorgens

Bristle worms

This is a problem... Oregonreef.com
  7. Jorgens

Green brain pooping brown stuff

Are you serious> corals of that type need to take a dump? And lok wierd when doing it? that right there is funny now matter how you look at it. Tape a copy of reef keepers digest to the glass to help him relax or something... thats funny stuff i've never heard of that. Best of luck with...
  8. Jorgens

zoantha's closing wrong way

I have a few polyps that do the same thing. Not sure what it's about. My guess is stress. It's usualy if they get a blast of water...or like you say a fish hits them. Not sure if its defence or stress or what...I'm gonna tag along and hope someone hs the right answer!
  9. Jorgens

Cyno and hair alge problem..they're winning!!

I really see our point now that im back down to a small pump....What would you reccommend for flow. I may have to suck it up and just go with powerheads but which? I see ok sizes for $20 i see nice ones for $300 I've learned a lesson with pumps already. Although I though quiet One's were a...
  10. Jorgens

WEll to top it all off my new pump just blew. It didn't seem like anything leaked into the system but damn what a smell. Now I'm back to my old aqua via brley pushin 800gph. So yes spread over 5 returns that is awful now...Not sure how I'm going to handle this one..... Some days ya think a...
  11. Jorgens

PO kit is API 1 month old. those 2 heads are jut for circulation. the uiet one returns about 3000gph thru 5 returns for a total nearing 4000gph total...
  12. Jorgens

Ok. I've been working on getting rid of my cyno for over a month with WC and picking/vaccuming off substrate. Within the last week it's almost taken over my system. I ordered another 24 hermits of various types (scarlets/red legged) a coupld more sea stars to help with detitus, and 2 dozen...
  13. Jorgens

Sad Day

Sorry to hear that....now i fear for mine......!!!!??? I'm not sure whis is harder to take...the loss of a pet? or the $$ it's cost to raise/purchase.....Not like these are hampsters that multiplied or anything... Best Of Luck....
  14. Jorgens

Yellow tipped hermit?

I got a few of them as well... the good Drs. reffered me to there sister site? eTropicals.com - Live fish, corals, inverts, plants, live rock & sand I put together a DIY cleaner combo....I'm hoping this helps..I know I need a larger crew. I couldn't believe the prices!!! free shipping...
  15. Jorgens

what kind of reef do you have??

There wasn't an option for "after hurricane condition" Sometimes I feel like i'm trying to get up that creek with out that paddle!!
  16. Jorgens

Live sand / live rock

I did the same thing as well. Although my sand isn't very "live after 6 months. I don't have any worms that i can see and my pod population isn't nearly as large as id like it. I did help seed with a LFS "old" filter pad. That thing was LOADED with pods and suck and let them scramble out of...
  17. Jorgens

Yellow tipped hermit?

i have cerith multiplying by the ton....so many I've been selling them... they do not eat cyno in my tank.
  18. Jorgens

Yellow tipped hermit?

Anyone have these? Heard of them? Tried them? Reef safe? I like the cyno eating thing as I'm starting to have problems with it.... Saltwater Aquarium Crabs for Marine Reef Aquariums: Dwarf Yellow Tip Hermit Crab
  19. Jorgens

Browning Acros

I let them acclimate for 2 weeks to my 10 light. they were in 20k. 1 week with eggcrate on top. the 2nd week without and then I put them inplace. Full polyp extension on all of them so I'm hoping for the best.
  20. Jorgens

DI Water filtration??????

I don't see how just a DI can do it. I don't think it's physically possible. Culligan offered me a deal like that. Only it was $900 set-up and $99 a year and that included new filters every year. I got a 6 stage from E-bay that kicks out 0ppm water and cost me $90. And to re-load my DI...