Search results

1. Blue zoas

Blue zoas

I have had these blue zoas for almost 5 years. The like to be very low in the tank.
  2. PPE - Blasto merletti

PPE - Blasto merletti

I have heard it called this because of the purple rim and green mouth. I recently had to frag this piece as there were a ton of baby heads growing underneath the large heads. I traded frags for other things I wanted.
  3. Grape Monti cap

Grape Monti cap

Picked this up super cheap as it was browned out in the LFS...this is it after 2 months in my tank.
  4. Zoanthids

Zoanthids

One of my favorites zoas. I got this as a 2 polyp extra thrown in with another purchase. It grows quickly but doesn't like to be fragged.
  5. Green Snakeskin Zoas

Green Snakeskin Zoas

I got this in a trade and the colors have morphed to this olive green skirt, copper band, green and blue striped/speckled with a golden mouth zoa. I've only fragged this 3 times for friends and the color has stayed the same in their tanks.
  6. L

What to feed Orange Carnation?

Well, I've made a huge effort to save this carnation, but despite all my efforts, it doesn't look promising. I got the coral already detaching from the piece of rock it was on and even with all my efforts, despite looking like it would recover, I discovered it has begun to slough off tissue and...
  7. L

What to feed Orange Carnation?

Here goes, I rescued a carnation coral, knowing I would be making a huge commitment in time and effort. I attached the coral to the underside of a ledge in an area of irregular flow....4 1200 maxijets connected to a Wavemaster Pro... set on random flow...1,2,3 or 4 powerheads may be on at one...
  8. L

OT: Parrot Advice...again.

As the owner of a Blue and Gold Macaw for 20 years, there are a lot of pros and cons to owning big birds. Big bird = BIG NOISE....don't let anyone kid you...you can make generalizations about species, but each bird is an individual. You could end up with one of those birds that's a non-stop...
  9. L

wow many of us??

Got a 75 gallon in the works as soon as I can find a home for 3 - 10" + oscars...One normal, one sunset and one albino...nice fish but I'm going strictly marine now...also got 3 absolutely gorgeous chocolate chiclids I have to find a home for....oh well...right now just a 75 reef and a DREAM...
  10. L

What is it??

Definitely NOT REEF SAFE (IMO) I had one that ate like a pig, requiring weekly water changes, but everything I read said that they only bother shrimp....NOT, I had zoo's in my tank and it never bothered the larger ones but the bugger went crazy one day while I was at work and pulled 1/3 of the...
  11. L

Shark Cruelty...Sickening

the kind of sick thrill it produces. When video games can no longer give them the high they need, they graduate to bigger and more violent acts. Where were the parents that 13 and 14 year olds were out in the middle of the night and no one knew. 1,000 hours of community service (strictly...
  12. L

Shark Cruelty...Sickening

Too many violent video games...studies show it patterns the brain to accept and EXPECT
  13. L

Happy Birthday Alf and Ladipyg!

Thanks to all, your good karma has worked....I got a huge green digi for $40.00 and my Dual 400 MH w/ 4-96 watt PC's comes in tomorrow...YIPEEE...YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS WORKED...Even Mom is getting better, in Acute rehab...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.....Nina
  14. L

For Sale MH + VHO complete set up

Please send me a pic...my sister's there until tomorrow, Sunday, If I can catch her maybe we can get it done, if they are still available...mgdyess@comcast.net...thanks
  15. L

Now there are 2...YAHOO!!!!

Mom's in the ICU and it's been a stressful week to say the least and I've just been feeding the fish, topping off the tank and running back out. My RBTA had been acting weird the last couple of weeks, not fully retracted, but not eating either, even though I tried to feed it Wednesday night...
  16. L

Culpera overrunning tank!

My son has a FOWLR tank with a yellow tang and Jason comes to my house a couple of times a week to grabs some grape Caulerpa that grows like crazy in my fuge. He says "Goldie" goes nuts, eats off the grapes one at a time and when she's sure there's no more left, she'll eat the stems too...
  17. L

Powder Blue Tang

I have an Achilles Tang (Acanthurus achilles) and he is a joy to have...really mows down the algae and loves to snack on mysis & brine shrimp, squid and whatever else I'm feeding. He has claimed the area with the output from the sump as his own. They are from Hawaii and live in areas with a lot...
  18. L

Get the generators out

Well, I've got my retirement house (18 months and counting) in Dunedin, FL just north of Clearwater and my patio furniture got knocked all over the lanai, but everything else is still standing. Hurricanes are supposed to be Mother Nature's way of cooling off the planet...which makes me wonder...
  19. L

Schooling fish

Sorry, yes reef chromis...very pretty...after a stressing day I like to just go to the basement and watch the "kids" tool around for a while... the blood pressure just drops on down to where it should be...AAAHHHH....great!
  20. L

Frags for sale

Any of # 8 or # 11 left...would be interested in both...is shipping to Chicago, 60638 possible...Thanks