Search results

1. Couch

Entire setup for sale

OK, well I am looking to sell my entire setup.. Livestock and all. I have a 40 gal long with a 29 gal sump. Two 65 gal corralife skimmers, heater, denitrifier(can't remember what brand about $40 though) PC corralife lights 260 watts 48" long two clowns and coral beauty. several polyp...
  2. Couch

Help!! Yellow tang not doing so good!!

Help!! I got home from work this morning and my wife said to take a look at my yellow tang. She said he got stuck on one of the overflow screens and she had to get him loose. My tank has been running for almost 2 years. Nothing new added within the last 8 months or so. He is still breathing...
  3. Couch

Orange Corraline

I have read many posts about pink and purple coraline as well as have it covering my rocks and glass. I was moving some of my small frag rocks this morning and found some bright orange corraline. After playing around a little I started seeing this orange corraline on other rocks also, but it...
  4. Couch

Clown hosting a finger leather

Just thought you may enjoy. They have been doing this for a while.
  5. Couch

RO/DI unit filter change and flushing?

I have had my RO/DI unit for about 10 months now, and I am planning on changing the filters soon. I remember that when I bought it somewhere it said that the RO filter will last a few years but I should change all other filters about every year. Is this true? Also when I change my filters I...
  6. Couch

will chaeto survive waterchanges?

A quick question. I recently bought some chaeto. It is in my sump/refugium. The way I change my water is by siphoning most of the water out of the sump which now would leave my chaeto exposed to the air for about 10 minutes. Do you think it will be OK?
  7. Couch

Newest additions!

Well, I just got some new stuff, Thought I would post what I got and see what your personal experiences with these are, and any information you may have on them. (I did my homework on them before I bought them, just wanted to hear some personal experiences). I got a nice Candy Cane, a red...
  8. Couch

clean your skimmers

Well I just learned the importance of not just cleaning the crap out of your cup but cleaning your skimmer, lines, sound reducer, and pump connected to your skimmer. Now everything is working as if new or better. Amazing what a little attention will do.
  9. Couch

galaxea coral

OK.. I bought a Galaxea about a month ago from the LFS. It does not have the standard green tips, they are white. Has anyone seen a white tipped Galaxea?
  10. Couch

Can I get with my lights?

Just wanted some input here. I have the coralife lunar 48" light fixture on my 40 gallon long tank. 2x65 watt 10,000K and 2x65 watt actinics. What are your opinions on if and what kind of anemone would like my set up? I really like the rose BTA's.
  11. Couch

Coral frag

I thought there was a coral frag post somewhere... I do not see it. Anyway I have a finger leather and it sheads a limb or two every month or so. I just glued a piece to a piece of rock. Will it live? Just thought I might as well try..
  12. Couch

What are these?

Ok, Been up and running for 9 months now. The first pic is what is concerning me. I did a water change just now and got about 20 of these guys from inside of the rock. They all have the same horeshoe shape and are brown. Have you seen these before? Should I be worried? The next two pics...
  13. Couch

New addition Blasto Welsi

My recent purchase blasto welsi red on red. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and its doing great. Loves eating the frozen cubes I feed the tank. Just wanted to share a new pic.
  14. Couch

GSP's on glass?

Has anyone succeeded in getting GSP's to attatch to the walls of your tank? I was just sitting there looking at my tank and thought that would look pretty cool. If you have, could you post some pics so I can get an idea of how it looks? Thanks
  15. Couch

What is in my water?

OK I have a question... I have niticed over the last couple of days that, although my water is crystal, there are many noticeable particals suspended in the water. I recently added 3 feather dusters, 1 blue urchin, a deep sea yellow gorgonian, 6 shaving brushes, and 1 saltwater fern. The...
  16. Couch

How did this happen?

Everyone else has a chronicle so here goes. I had a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium with about 8 fish and some live plants that I found @ wally world. Had it going for about a year ( feeding only, no real maintenance, honestly I had no idea) Well as sinical as it may seem, a couple of fish...
  17. Couch

Is this Macro safe?

Quick question, I just wanted to make sure the new MAcro I just got is safe and will not spread to my display. I bought a 2 inch rock of fern grass as seen at saltwaterfish.com, and I bought 6 shaving brush'es. I think the shaving brushes are OK but what do you all think of this fern grass?
  18. Couch

Refugium algae

I was wondering who uses anything other than Chaeto in thier refugium. Does anyone have shaving brushes and what do you think of them? I would like to keep my refugium kind of neat, a place I can put invertebrae and actually enjoy watching them.. I just think Chaeto as good as it sounds would...
  19. Couch

Actinic shots

Well most of my hair algae is gone. Here are a few actinic pics.