Search results

1. Couch

Entire setup for sale

OK, well I am looking to sell my entire setup.. Livestock and all. I have a 40 gal long with a 29 gal sump. Two 65 gal corralife skimmers, heater, denitrifier(can't remember what brand about $40 though) PC corralife lights 260 watts 48" long two clowns and coral beauty. several polyp...
  2. Couch

ohio?

By the way, I am terrible about reading the whole post, take your time. Adding new fish and inverts is cool, but hopefully by now you understand the limits of what a tank can hold. Once you rech that safe limit you can not add anything else, so think about it. The tank is cool, but once you...
  3. Couch

ohio?

Well there are many different designs for a sump depending on what all you want to include in it, and how limited to space you will be with the size of sump you choose to go with. The basic main sump set up you will need is an overflow area, equipment area, bubble trap, and return area...
  4. Couch

ohio?

Hey man, I am in Ohio, live in Mount Vernon and work in Columbus. My tank has been up and running for 2 years now. If you are still intereseted in trading some frags let me know. Sounds like you may have gotten pretty busy though. By the way, I am no expert, but I designed and built my...
  5. Couch

Help!! Yellow tang not doing so good!!

Help!! I got home from work this morning and my wife said to take a look at my yellow tang. She said he got stuck on one of the overflow screens and she had to get him loose. My tank has been running for almost 2 years. Nothing new added within the last 8 months or so. He is still breathing...
  6. Couch

Magnets

I bought mine online.. They are made to hold maxi-jets and a few others. Powerhead Supplies: Algae Free Sure Grip Magnetic Powerhead Holder
  7. Couch

The "I Wish I Would Have...." Thread

I wish I would have bought better lighting. I should have gotten the MH/PC combos.
  8. Couch

46 Gallon Bowfront and equipment for sale

What are you asking for the set up?
  9. Couch

soon a page of how to frag!

I suppose I do not know how fast you are trying to frag, but I just grab a piece of rubble rock and set it leaning on the colony and in about a month you should have some polyps growing on the rubble. Then just seperate the colony from the frag.
  10. Couch

Orange Corraline

Well you seem to be right. After only today I can bearly see the orange anymore. Just one little speck of it left. It has all turned pink/purple. I tell you what though. That orange looks flourecent under the actinics and if someone could propagate this orange coraline, their tank would...
  11. Couch

Orange Corraline

No.. It is Coraline. I did not post the pic because it looks pink in the picture, but it is under actinics and looks pink in the pic. I just turned on my regular lights and it is orange. 1st pic is actinic, 2nd is normal lights.
  12. Couch

Orange Corraline

I have read many posts about pink and purple coraline as well as have it covering my rocks and glass. I was moving some of my small frag rocks this morning and found some bright orange corraline. After playing around a little I started seeing this orange corraline on other rocks also, but it...
  13. Couch

Clown hosting a finger leather

No... They don't seem to be bothering the leather too much.
  14. Couch

Clown hosting a finger leather

Just thought you may enjoy. They have been doing this for a while.
  15. Couch

Oversto

I will take 10 for $25 (purples) 2 for $5 each of the greens and 2 for $10 of the torch. What will my cost be for shipping to 43028?
  16. Couch

RO/DI unit filter change and flushing?

I have had my RO/DI unit for about 10 months now, and I am planning on changing the filters soon. I remember that when I bought it somewhere it said that the RO filter will last a few years but I should change all other filters about every year. Is this true? Also when I change my filters I...
  17. Couch

will chaeto survive waterchanges?

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that I did not have to find a new way to change the water.
  18. Couch

will chaeto survive waterchanges?

A quick question. I recently bought some chaeto. It is in my sump/refugium. The way I change my water is by siphoning most of the water out of the sump which now would leave my chaeto exposed to the air for about 10 minutes. Do you think it will be OK?
  19. Couch

sump=refugim?

Well for what its worth this is what I did. I have a 20 Gallon sump/Refuge. It started as just a sump... see pic #1. Then I decided to add a refugium to the sump, so... I split the two overflows (see pic #2, the angled piece of plexiglass) which slowed the flow down through the refugium...
  20. Couch

Newest additions!

Do you think I may be able to cut the sponge up a bit so that I can stand the pieces upright?