Search results

1. F

thred for a frag tank

can anyone post a good thred with pics for a frag tank thanks in advance
  2. F

old base rock

ok so I'm thinking about starting up a tank again I tore down my last tank when my now six year old daughter was born I just didn't have the time for it. the question I have is I kept all the live/base rock but it was left outside is this something that I could use again if it were cleaned and...
  3. F

aptasia in sump/will it spread to dt?

ok so i ordered some garf grunge and i also got some macro algea for my sump..well when i looked this morning in my sump at the algea i noticed about 7 or 8 baby aptasia in there mixed in with the algea..my question is will they just stay put in the refugium if they are not bothered or will they...
  4. F

garf grunge

im looking at garf grunge online it looks like it would be somthing good for my tank cuz i used alot of marco rocks so i dont realy have a good pod population..has anyone used this stuff before and what did you think about it? im looking at geting some garf grunge and a bag of pods..thanks
  5. F

diamond goby and pod population question

ive decided to get a diamond goby for my tank but what im wondering is it nessisary to have an established pod population in my tank for long term survival of this fish? my tank is new and i used mostly marco rocks to scape my tank i do have like 35 lbs or so of live rock but i just dont see...
  6. F

egg crate to cover tank/light question

ok im looking into getting a goby for the first addition to my tank ive read they like to jump so im thinking of covering the tank with this plastic crate thats like 1/4 of an in ch holes im sure that will keep them in but what im wondering is how will this affect my light? i have 4 96 watt...
  7. F

ideas on what fish to get

ok i was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on some fish to study up on to maybe put in my tank..i have a 120 gal long im looking for bottom fish mid level fish and top water fish, just want there to be stuff to look at also fish active during the day and night..im making the tank a...
  8. F

sugar sand/ hydor placment

im sorry for asking all these questions but things are moving fast with setting up this tank so issuse are arrising quick...i have sugar sand and it has settled down but i put 1 of my hydor pumps in and it ended up blowing the sand around the pump is 1400 gal per hour and i have 2 the tank is a...
  9. F

silencing an external overflow

i have an external overflow and once the water travles through the u tube and into the back side of the external overflow down the tube into the sump it sounds loud like niagra falls i know there has to be a way to quite this sucker down some...thanks for the help
  10. F

question about auto top off

ok im going to install an auto top off in my sump but my problem is i have the sump seperated in 3 sections the first is for my skimmer the second is for a refugium and the third is for my return pump and i know to put the auto top off im the 3rd section cuz that is where the water is going to...
  11. F

new tank should i expect a small cycle with cured live rock?

ok im almost done setting up my 125 i have the sand in and the dry base rock in both from marco rocks...im going to run it for a few days to clear up the tank from the sand then im going to buy some cured live rock from a lfs...i was down at the lfs yesterday and asked to make sure the live rock...
  12. F

anyone ever use sand from marco rocks?

any of you using sand from marco rocks...i just put the stuff in my tank i like the way it looks but it seems really fine and i know im going to have trouble setting up my pumps to keep the stuff from blowing all over the place...what are your experiences with the stuff? thanks for your thoughts
  13. F

rinsing sand

ok i i got some sand and rocks from marco rocks what im wondering is it nessesary to rinse the sand i know you are supossed to but i have rinsed some and im going through alot of ro water...i know it will make my tank cloudy but im just setting it up so as long as it clears up i dont really care...
  14. F

cuttting holes in glass

ok im ready to cut some holes in glass what i plan on doing is attaching 2 sumps together but i have some questions on cutting the holes.. first the drill i got said to use a cordless drill i have one but what im wondering is when i start drilling do i start on the glass or do i start the drill...
  15. F

ro/di unit and waste water

i just got my ro/di unit in and hooked everything up im happy with it and it seems to work well but what im wondering is it seems like there is alot of waste water coming out is this normal? im pretty sure it is making the gallons per day its suposed to but just seems like alot of wasted...
  16. F

the filter guys

i just got my ro/di unit and im totally pleased with it. it was packaged well to prevent breakage and was delivered on time on the day they said it would be delivered. thumbs up for the filter guys
  17. F

125 tank room divider room divider plumbing questons

ok im going to be setting up a 125 gal tank as a room divider so you can see 3 sides of it my question is how should i plumb it i have a 2 year old so i dont want any exposed plumbing she can grab but also i dont want it to be seen....i have an external over flow box im going to put on the side...
  18. F

diy mod for a asm g3 skimmer

i was wondering if any of you would have any links for diy mods for the asm g3 skimmer i was looking and you can buy them but its just pvc parts i can buy at lowes i just dont know what exactly to buy...thanks n advance
  19. F

apstasia and dry rock

ok i had some live rock with aptasia on it it has been dry for about 2 years what im wondering is it safe to use in a new tank it just has some of the shapes of that i like and i would like to use it but im afraid the the dry rock once put into the tank might harbor the aptasia and it might come...
  20. F

water storage

im going to get a ro/di filter so im looking for somthing to store it in i have read that people go to lowes or home depot and buy trash cans to store it in can anyone tell me what the recicling symbole is for the right can to store the water? thanks for the help