Search results

1. yankieman

MACNA

Here is some of the RS gang at MACNA
  2. yankieman

Milwaukee PH Controller for sale

I have a brand new Milwaukee MC122 PH Controller for sale ,, ,,I paid $125 for it thru Drs Foster & Smith I am asking $90 for it with free shipping,,, Never Used!!
  3. yankieman

Macna 2014

Not sure if there is a thread for this but was just wondering how many are going to attend MACNA 2014 in Denver,, this will be my 4th Macna and anyone that has a chance to go should it is AWESOME,,,, I havnt been on here lately so maybe there is a thread for this but what is the head count of...
  4. yankieman

Can you say Banggai Baby

About 2 weeks ago I noticed my male Banggai looked like he had a mouth full of eggs so I watched close for a week and soon was seeing little eyes in there so finally I trapped him and moved him to the the fuge tank on last Thurs eve,, Sun evening I looked in and holy moly I see babies , so...
  5. yankieman

Getting Perppermint shrimp to eat aiptasia

I would like to try and help with a problem lots of folks have , getting peppermint shrimp to eat Aiptasia, , I have spoke to many people that say they have peppermint shrimp that wont eat aiptaisa , and I say most if not all Peppermint Shrimp WILL eat it if "trained" to ,, now of course this...
  6. yankieman

The clam!!!!

Here is the giant clam at the Waikiki aquarium Waikiki Aquarium Giant Clam 1982-2012.mov - YouTube
  7. yankieman

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all Reef Sanctuary folks,,
  8. yankieman

Dipping SPS with Coral RX?

DO you use Coral RX to dip SPS corals? I have heard good and bad but I would like to bring it up again for discussion ,,I have 7 SPS corals to dip and I have 3 kinds of dip to use I have Coral RX , I have REEF DIP by Seachem and I have ReVive coral cleaner from two little fishes what is every...
  9. yankieman

Macna 2012

MACNA 2012 in Dallas Tx is a week and half away and Im wondering if any RS folks are attending? my wife and I are going and driving down from Illinois , would love to have a RS get together with any others attending,,,? its going to be great event!!
  10. yankieman

Very interesting

Not sure if anyone has seen this but I found it very interesting ,,,,, Fishes Feeding - Reef Life of the Andaman - Part 19 - YouTube
  11. yankieman

Florida Trip

Hi ev1 we are heading out with the travel trailer this weekend for a trip around the entire coast of Florida starting in Gulf shores AL and all the way around to Savanna Ga before heading back home ,, any site seeing stops I should make in particular? we plan on stopping at every lighthouse we...
  12. yankieman

Replacing MH with LEDS

OK I have a question here for the LED experts ,,, I plan on sooner or later replacing my MH with LEDs , I see alot of talk about the intensity of LEDs is so brite that you have to slowly acclimate to them, does that include going from MH to LED ? are they more intense than MHs? Big Al im hoping...
  13. yankieman

Feeding your tangs

Ok I know you need to feed tangs a diet of algae , so I am feeding once a day , rotating every day with misis shrimp, rods food, spirlina brinehrimp,, so with that schedule rods food gets fed every other day ,, and about once a week I feed my 3 tangs (2 yellow and one powder blue) a half sheet...
  14. yankieman

For all newbies

I am a Newbie to salt water!!!!! even though I have been trying to have a reef tank for 9 years now , after 9 years I am actually thinking MAYBE I can move into the relm of almost experienced ,, the one thing and most important thing I have learned in 9 years IMO is ,,,, ok the TWO things!! is...
  15. yankieman

my new Acclimation tool

Hi here is something I picked up at the MACNA and tried as soon as I got home and I think it worked great,, its called the ACCLIMATE and its a drip in drip out plastic box , you can check it out here and see what you think,, Reef Gently AccliMate the only thing I didnt like was that I payed...
  16. yankieman

baby brittle star?

I dont have a very good camera so this is the best I could do but when looking at it, it has arms that look like a bristle worm its about the size of a nickle, and it looks like a baby brittle star to me but not sure any help? it came off the bottom of the frag pipe organ I got
  17. yankieman

when to change DI resin cartrage?

Hi I have a question for those in the know , how far do you go with the TDS meter reading on the RO/DI unit ,, for example mine is right now reading 002 should i change it now or wait a bit longer ? I just changed the darn thing 2 weeks ago , I am going to start recharging my own , from here on...
  18. yankieman

Macna

So how many guys and gals are planning on attending MACNA the weekend of the 9th thru 11th ,, my wife and I are going to be there for the entire weekend , I hope to meet some RS friends and make some new friends ,, it should be a great weekend ,, hope to see you all there,,
  19. yankieman

floresent lighting question

Hi I have a big question on lighting since im converting my 209 gal tank from fresh water to salt and going to add my 750watt aqua medic aceans light over the top of the tank what im wondering is since i have 4 96" long 60watt each floresent lights over the tank now can i go ahead and use those...
  20. yankieman

yankieman's 210 gal conversion

well after years of thinking about it im now taking the plunge!,,, my 210 gal acrylic tank built into the wall 15 years ago has been fresh water all these years now im converting it to a reef tank , it was orig a salt water tank that I bought to install in my wall when we first built onto our...