Search results

1. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

my tank is finally cycled! as of monday when i did a water test. tuesday i added two ocell clowns and a small montipora cap frag. pics to come soon.
  2. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

Update time. On the 18th of November I did a large water change to bring down the ammonia, and in a day or two after my ammonia level went down to 0. On the 20th of November a gfo/gac reactor was added, and plumed into the return line. Also an ATO system was added on the 20th. Test results...
  3. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

Do u think something like Dr.Tim's or brightwell's micro bactor will help with this? I did rince the sand prior to outing in the water, but that seems to not helped at all
  4. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

Its been a little better than a month now and the tank is still showing off the charts in ammonia, nitrites and nitrates have both spiked. I don't know what is causing the high levels to prolong like this. Normally by now I should be in the tail end of the cycle with low to no ammonia lower...
  5. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

now for the things that people like. [/URL][/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/URL][/IMG] My original post seemed a little rushed, so I also want to give everyone a little background on my saltwater keeping experience. I started keeping saltwater tanks back when i was a...
  6. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

so i have had this tank in the works for a few weeks not and it is currently cycling. my intent is is set it up as a mixed reef, but with mostly sps. Last week I filled it and got the rock work situated to my liking. now for the ugly. my room mates have two kittens, who jumped into the tank...
  7. surfzone

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

that's good i was told that the better verity of foods that you feed the better chance you are to have higher survival rates and reach metta sooner.
  8. surfzone

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

What are you feeding them? When i was working with the spotted mandarin i used a small rotifer, and an assortment of wild collected plankton that i collected from the near creeks and Ocean. I don't know if you have read these two threads but one is my Matt Wittenrich and the other is my personal...
  9. surfzone

Baby Bangaiis in the house!!

Congrats Doni on the little bangers. Have u started to get them on frozen cyclops yet? I try to get mine eating frozen as soon as possible
  10. surfzone

Picassos

i left my camera at a friends house and i'm trying to cordenate a time for me to pick it up or for her to bring the camera to me. I got them from Seadwelling Creaturs through one of my LFS
  11. surfzone

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

thanks i recently picked up a pair from seadwelling and i just woundered if they where from your stock.
  12. surfzone

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Doni are the picassos that sea dwelling creatures is selling from your stock?
  13. surfzone

Picassos

So I finally got a pair of Picasso Clowns today. I've been waiting for a long time to get a pair of these wonderful fish to put in my breeding program. They are still really small, but patience is part of the Aquarius code. Pics up a little later
  14. surfzone

Here I go The Spotted Manderin

i'm glad to report that that this new pair has spawned for me once that i know of. i've been gone for about two and a half weeks so it's time to get serious about this.
  15. surfzone

other pets?

it's been a while since i posted any pics of Daisy Mae she is now 8 months old
  16. surfzone

Here I go The Spotted Manderin

ok i'm back dealing with mandarins. this pair has dissapointed me night after night with no spawn what so ever
  17. surfzone

What to do with clowns laying eggs

in order to minimize disturbing the pair i would wate a few spawns and then put a tile in the tank where they have been laying eggs and most of the time they will lay on the tile rather than on the rock. another idea is to build a larvae snager which can be made out of a coak bottle, pvc, and...
  18. surfzone

Picasso pair breeding log

They look good Colby. i hopw that my black Ocells start spawning in a few months. Let me know when you have little ones to get rid of. I will be looking for some of these guys to add to my clown collection in the coming year.
  19. surfzone

Chaetodon ocellatus

Well most people thought the regal angel as best left in the ocean, but more and more people are successfully keeping them in reef aquariums and skipping the QT period which seems to be in better interest of the fish. Also pulsing xenia at one time was considered and imposable coral to keep, but...
  20. surfzone

Chaetodon ocellatus

Sounds like live mysis and brine would help in the aclamation period on this fish.