Search results

1. mtsully71

very small critter ID por favor

I was gone for a week, wife found this critter in the tank about 15 min before lights out. This is the best pic she could get. She described 2 animals about a 1 cm in size, free swimming and clear. My first thought is some sort of juvy pod. No biggie for ID, but interesting none the less...
  2. mtsully71

RODI quality ?

I have a BRS 4 stage RODI system, I understand a major part of a healthy tank starts with the RODI. With using new filters, pushing about 60 PSI, and using a HM digital com-100 TDS meter, my reading is .8 PPM. I understand that's good, but should I be pushing for better numbers by using...
  3. mtsully71

Critter ID

Hello all, So found this thing in the sand while cleaning. It is very small as you can see the relation to the 1-3 mm sand. The strands/arms you see were moving, appeared a brownish color with black pinpoint tips. I observed it in a glass and mostly just did the alien arm thing o_O. I...
  4. mtsully71

red sea max c-130 ?

First, I will say I am being lazy about researching this :D I'm about to finish another remodel and I am seriously considering the c-130 for the room. The reason..... I do not want a top on my reefer and there are fish I would love to have, unfortunately they like to commit sideways in open...
  5. mtsully71

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:crowd: Call if you need bond :bounce: :cheers:
  6. mtsully71

Scoly help

Just looking for some ideas, the scoly I got a 5-6 weeks ago don't look so hot. It ate once per week for 3 weeks then quit eating. Some of the skeleton is showing and it lies relatively flat, not swollen. I moved it about 2 weeks ago in to more shade and low flow. No other coral issues in...
  7. mtsully71

Fragging Question

Need to cut back my CHALICES and monti cap. Do you just snap the parts off? Or do I need to get my Surgeon clothes on and play with sharp things. Further, do I need to do anything to assist in the healing of the main part of the animal? To bad I have no other peeps to give the pieces to :(.
  8. mtsully71

Polyp extension ?'s

I know, not another one........However I am just looking for others opinions on PE and how they relate to the reeftank. I have already read alot of other material and here is my tank. I don't want to write a book so I will tell you all my water is well within parameters and most importantly my...
  9. mtsully71

ID por favor

2 critters Flatworm? 3/8 inch..........Good or bad it's out already, I was thinking bad :rocket: Bi valve of some type slowly been growing. 1 1/2 Inch very thin and black thanks
  10. mtsully71

Worm ID please

about 3/4 inch in diameter, curling shell, white and brown pattern. There is something in there that is passing off some mucus looking snot :biggrin: I can see it moving but it does not come out in daylight.........que jeopardy music! :winner1:
  11. mtsully71

Sump cleaning question, dont laugh i'm serious

Please do share of reef minions, how the heck do you siphon the bottom detrius from the sump beings there is not enough gravity to suck start the hose and keep her going. Mine is bare bottom :nekid:
  12. mtsully71

ALK question

Looking for some advice Been changing 10 gallons a week of RC salt, salinity 1.025, temp 79, PH 8.1-8.2. Now before I ask the question, magnesium, calcium, phosphates and nitrates are all good. I am wet skimming and the coral is healthy and growing. I am not dosing or adding anything to...
  13. mtsully71

Need an ID on some type of tube worm

Came with the Zoa colony, does not appear to affect them even though they are closed at the moment. I have had not luck trying to identify them appoximately 1/2-1 inch long, almost as big around as a pencil.
  14. mtsully71

LED SPS coral help

I have a simple question, I have some new SPS that came in. They were from a tank with 20K 250w halides. My current radions are at 40% and I am climbing to 65ish. I am at 40%, as I am bringing my transfer T5 corals up to the LED's. Is there any reason why I can't just put the SPS where I...
  15. mtsully71

I have 2 questions , I need help with

2 questions, Tank will be cycle by end of weekend, I have a BRS dual reactor the I have not started running yet, should I go ahead and fire it up? or wait until after I do my big water change on Sunday? Next question, I have never moved corals to another tank, I know I need to set my LED's at...
  16. mtsully71

Water question

So I am cleaning my 130 tank and testing water. This is prior to WC Nitrates: 0 KH: 8-9 PH: 8 salinity 1.026 temp 74 Here is what baffles me, its been two weeks since I have cleaned tank. Corals are fine and showing growth Calcium 520-540.......normally im around 400-440 Magnesium about...
  17. mtsully71

MP40 ?

Getting ready to set up the new tank about 73 gallons tank volume and got to thinking more about flow. I have a new mp40 I will use and the return is approximately 900 GPH (on left side as you view tank). The tank will allow for good flow in front and behind the rock. The question is do I...
  18. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Hello reefers, Well, I finally caved and I am putting a new tank together. My first reef tank with choice of tank and equipment. Brief history…..did saltwater fish for years, then started off with an RSM 130 reef in December of 2012. Never modified it and just let the grass grow. Saved cash...
  19. mtsully71

FS used RSM 130 and 90 gallon tank for sale

In Helena, MT I have a used very clean Red Sea Max 130 for sale, all stock components, skimmer cup, new bulbs, extra tank parts and pumps. The tank has 30 lbs of live rock (some coral attached) and an MP 10. I will sell it for $600. The other tank is a 90 gallon rectangle tank with stand also...
  20. mtsully71

IM SR-80 reef build help (LED lights)

Hello reefers, Looking for any help and guidance on setting up a new reef tank as shown in the title. My only experience with reef tanks is and RSM 130, unmodified. I live in MT so I have no need for a chiller as my house is always cool. I expect to have a moderate bio load and I use floss...