Search results

1. mtsully71

Patrick's RSM C-250 : Part III

I like it mister! I have been around, work is killing me. A lot of room for stuff I see. My daughter enjoys cleaning the glass and hand feeding the foxface. Cheers buddy sully
  2. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

STILL ALIVE! Been really busy with projects and life in general, not much to report other than the tank is 2 years old now and thriving. Going to hook up with Monique here in August/September and swap some frag stuff. Really busy with my daughter, she qualified in Denver to compete at the...
  3. mtsully71

very small critter ID por favor

Graci Sue, ya that's the image you have outlined. Your pretty good with crayons. Guessing is good! I ask you about fish stuff, you can ask me about Grizzly Bears :D At least I got the pod part right. Not really looking for a positive id, just a stab in the dark. I think your assessment...
  4. mtsully71

very small critter ID por favor

I was gone for a week, wife found this critter in the tank about 15 min before lights out. This is the best pic she could get. She described 2 animals about a 1 cm in size, free swimming and clear. My first thought is some sort of juvy pod. No biggie for ID, but interesting none the less...
  5. mtsully71

planning phase of a new 180 tank ???

I think those numbers look respectable..........take the plunge my friend. Enjoy the build
  6. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Well I guess the tank neglect has not been to bad. Calcium 390, phosphate .04, nitrate >10, alk 7.7, mg 1280, salinity 1.26. I have not been dosing or checking water on a regular basis for about 2 months. I have been bad..........but I love me some snowmobling :biggrin: I have a theory, as my...
  7. mtsully71

Monique's reefer 525 - the addiction continues

Look at you......... ya little over achiever :thumber2:
  8. mtsully71

Josh's SuperReef 65

Just making sure you answer this thread and the wife didn't bury you in the back yard :txchainsaw: How's the bathroom coming?
  9. mtsully71

Well that sucks Monique, 3 things just to double check. Are the pipes nice and tight, don't forget to adjust the knob (it's probably all the way open) that will determine the amount of water in the overflow and make sure your head height is close for your return pump GPH. GL sister Sully
  10. mtsully71

Do the math dosing vs quality salt

IMO Basile, dosing is only done when the demands of the tank/system do not keep up with water changes or the hobbyist is trying to achieve a certain result/affect. As far as maintaining ALK, that conversation is to broad and complex to give a correct/definitive answer. Are you slowing...
  11. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Not that much of an over achiever, but looks like a fun project to start from scratch. When the snowmobile snow starts getting bad, then I will get to work. I also see you need a go fund me page to by a mans tape :nekid: By chance Josh, is that the fan you used when you destroyed the place...
  12. mtsully71

Very nice Monique, If ya nee any pointers hit me up, make sure you order some extra filter socks, initially you'll be changing them every 3-4 days. I change em once a week now or when they begin to overflow. The overflow is a bugger to dial in.......... once you get it close make very small...
  13. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Quick tank photo, things growing well, my pyramid butterfly decided to commit sideways and jumped out. Busy winter with all going on but can't complain. Happy reefing Sully
  14. mtsully71

The Stony Shallows

Looks great Dom
  15. mtsully71

RODI quality ?

To this particular unit not that I am aware of, my tap tested in the 280 range if I recall, I could check again if it would help you with advice. Dave gave some great advice about about the RO membrane fi as I am sure I am using a 75 GPD rather than a lower number such as 50 etc.
  16. mtsully71

RODI quality ?

I have a BRS 4 stage RODI system, I understand a major part of a healthy tank starts with the RODI. With using new filters, pushing about 60 PSI, and using a HM digital com-100 TDS meter, my reading is .8 PPM. I understand that's good, but should I be pushing for better numbers by using...
  17. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Well ya know I love a good remodel, so here's a glimpse of my latest project. I still can't decide on which clam to add though :ponder2:
  18. mtsully71

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

K PAS O reef addicts, a few things of interest I discovered recently. Previously I mentioned that I was messing with my lights in an attempt to improve color and reduce the minor amount of red cyno I was seeing. Red cyno didn't make sense as I'm an over achiever when it comes to husbandry :D...
  19. mtsully71

New Red Sea Max 500

Welcome to the forum and reef family. Feel free to post progress, questions or just general check this *^#& out. Someone will almost always have reply for you. BTW did I say everyone digs :camera: Sully