Search results

1. K

bristletooth tangs

i was thinking about buying a striped bristletooth (Ctenochaetus striatus) for my tank. i read on the "so you want a tang" thread that some tangs need sand to digest thier food. is this true for this type of bristletooth becuase i only have crushed coral? anyone have any experience with this or...
  2. K

DIY: sump/fuge questions

Well, I want to build and sump tank with refugium in it to replace my wet/dry filter. I was originally going to do it in a 20L(30x12x12) tank but it was too long and wouldnt slide into my stand. I wanted to do a basic desisn with three zones, Protein Skimmer->Refugium->Return pump..all of them...
  3. K

white algea? white specs or tiny bubbles? please help

I am quite new at this hobby and have two questions. My tank has been up and running for only about 7 weeks now. Recently though I have noticed white algea appearing in my tank. In one spot it seems like it is overtaking my purple algea. I was wondering what this means? If it is bad or if it is...
  4. K

Which of these three small tanks are the best?

Which of these three small tanks are the best? if other than please name what kind. thanks
  5. K

anthias not eating

i recently bought a sailfin anthias. she has been in the tank approximately 3 days. i have tried feeding her flake food, some pellet food (tetra spectrum) i got at my lfs, and frozen brine shrimp but she has not eaten any of eat. she will put the shrimp in her mouth and keep spitting it out and...
  6. K

cc and clown questions

hey there...im new and i recently obtained a 72 gallon bowfront saltwater tank. it has been set up for 2 1/2 weeks now. it has live rock as well as crushed coral on the bottom. after reading a few of the posts i became nervous about the crushed coral. i was wondering if it was really necessary...