Search results

1. leslie

Kole tang sick

OK, I noticed about a week ago that our Kole tang had places on his fins. Well each day they got worse, I noticed holes in his back fin and looked like nips on his top and bottom fins. Also on his side fins there were little white places on the fins, not all over them just on the end where...
  2. leslie

My 28 Gallon Nano Journy

Ok before I start out I am going to tell you that 2 months ago you could not even see the inside of this tank because it was covered by algae all on the glass, inside, and some how our fish survived and some corals. We totally negeleted this tank for 6 months or longer, just doing nothing with...
  3. leslie

Whtch sand???? HELP!!!!

I have found it before, however I can not find it now. I am needing to know what is the best kind of sand to put in an aqurium and how thick does it need to be? How many pounds for an 85 gallon and how deep and how many pounds for a 28 gallon? I have looked and looked and tried to find the...
  4. leslie

Is this sufficiant food??

I have a cleaner wrasse and 2 black osculus clown fish that I am feeding this too. The ingredients are krill mill, fish meal, squid mill, wheat gluten, potato starch, fish oil, spirulina, astaxanthin, garlic oil. It also says guarenteed analysis is crude protein : 52% , crude fat :16%...
  5. leslie

My 85 gallon DT- A work in progress!!!

Right now our tank is not like most of the tanks you see on here. I concider it a beautiful tank just because I love my fish and love to watch them every day. We have a few zoas, green star polyps, mushrooms and kenya trees. Is mainly a fish only tank. As far how to explain what all we have...
  6. leslie

Questions about my new clown fish???

I have a question about my clowns. Last night they both were going round and round the tank very fast like they were in a panic. Is this normal behavior for new fish? They both did this for over and hr or more. I was afraid that maybe the water had gotten to warm for them, just trying to think...
  7. leslie

Baffeled????

Yesterday I started to notice that 2 of my Kenya trees, guess thats the name, started looking pouty, I mean just laying down and deflated some. We I wasnt to concerned at the time. I just figured something had craweled on them and made them pout. Well this morning they are gone! I mean the...
  8. leslie

What to do????

I am pretty sure I have a small dead 6 line wrasse in my 85 gallon DT. I have searched and searched for this fish and I can not find it anywhere at all! What do I need to do? Do I need to change some of the water or just let it be? I am sure by now the clean up crew has taken care of the...
  9. leslie

Brave Fire Shrimp

I guess my fire shrimp was feeling extra brave today because he come at me with the camera. I'm glag he did because I got some pretty cool pics I am going to share with you all.
  10. leslie

I got some new babies last night!!!!!

Hubby suprised me with a mated pair of these!!!! Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish - Tank-Bred I am so excited!!!!! I will post some pics as soon as the light comes on. They are gorgeous!!!!!!
  11. leslie

What is a good fish to control green caulerpa, grape caulerpa and mexican fern.

I have all three of those in my tank. For the past month I have been picking all the excess growth out by hand. All that is left in my tank is a beautiful purple micro algae! Is there any fish that I can put in a 30 gallon nano to help control the mexican fern caulerpa and the green caulerpa...
  12. leslie

What is this called????

I have this in my 28 gallon nano and I was wondering the name of it and does it look like its in good condition?
  13. leslie

Can anyone ID this mushroom?

This mushroom use to the the size of a dinner plate and now it looks like it is spliting. Is this good???
  14. leslie

My 85 gallon tank

Ok, I have an 85 gallon tank with a cole tang, pshytocromis, serpent starfish, cleaner wrassee, sea urchin and 2 osculous clown fish. I have moved the 2 cinnamin clownfish out of the tank in hopes of breading them. Another reason I have moved them was to see if my two other clown fish will...
  15. leslie

Changing crushed coral to sand....help!!

My husband and I did about a 25% water change last night to get out some of our red cyno. Well after we did the change and sucked out some of the crushed coral to clean it we tested our water for nitrates and phosphates and they were off the chart, even after we had added the new water. My...
  16. leslie

My Adventures With Cinnamon Clownfish

Ok I am starting a new thread right now until my cinnamons decide to lay eggs again. If you want to read my previous posts about my cinnamons you can go to this link http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/livestock-breeding/82200-new-adventure-into-breeding-my-cinnamon-clown-fish.html....that is...
  17. leslie

New adventure into breeding my cinnamon clown fish.

Ok this is our plan.....tonight we are going to move the cinnamon clowns eggs and the mom and dad over to our 28 gallon Nano cube. The eggs should be ready to hatch in 2 days. We are going to try and see if all of the micro algae cover will help them survive and of course target feed. This is...
  18. leslie

purple algae, red algae growing in my tank. Is this algae bad??

I have some purple and red algae growing in my tank. I like the looks of it, however I am just wondering if it is bad. I am going to put my breeding cinnamon clown fish in this tank to help the larvae hide. I just want to make sure this is an appropriate set up for raising babie fish. I have...