Search results

1. desertranger

New light for 150 gal tank

trying to decide what light fixture to get for the new 6' 150 gal tank. right now i am between the AI Hydra 52 or the RapidLED Onyx.
  2. desertranger

HELP! Cyano problems

I have been battling cyano for a while now. i have done multiple treatments with chemi-clean and it keeps coming back, or never really goes away. I have just added a u/v light to see if that helps. not sure what else to do. it is a 40g tank with a 10g refugium that is flourishing. my make up...
  3. desertranger

Frag swap in Washington state

http://www.thepsas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2 in case anyone knows someone in the Washington state area
  4. desertranger

40G Breeder for corals

Starting a 40g breeder for mostly frags. I have the tank and just about everything else is ordered. I will be using a ReefBreeder Photon 32 for light and a HOB filter. I am planning on making a remote refugium as well.
  5. desertranger

Seattle/Tacoma FB pages

what are some reefer Facebook pages for the Seattle/Tacoma area ?
  6. desertranger

new tank

working in setting up a new tank at my new house. I am making a 40g breeder for now. I am planning on making it a frag tank until I can find a 6' DT. I am planing on using a reefbreeders photon light, HOB filter and a refugium. I will put some rock and some micro algae in the refugium. do...
  7. desertranger

LFS water

any use "used" water from LFS to start a tank? I was thinking of doing something like a 50/50 mix of used/new saltwater to get my tank going. Comments.
  8. desertranger

tank stand

Anyone use a tv stand for a tank stand. I have seen some real nice tv stands that I like and I think with a little reinforcing it will hold the weight. I am only using a 40 gal breeder for a frag tank with maybe a 5 gal or so refugium ts
  9. desertranger

good light for a 40G breeder frag tank ?

good light for a 40G breeder frag tank ? want to grow a little of everything if possible
  10. desertranger

Moving from South Carolina to Washington State

Hi guys, I am in the military and I will be transferring from South Carolina to Washington State very soon. If there is anyone in the Charleston area interested in live stock let me know. Also any one in the Silverdale/Seattle area that can recommed a LFS to visit ?
  11. desertranger

Skipping mechanical filtration

Anyone ditch the filter sock type mechanical filtration system. We are going out of town and I took out the sock so my neighbors don't have to worry about changing it. If it works out I may continue to run it this way.
  12. desertranger

4th

Happy 4th of July all
  13. desertranger

New chiller

Hooked up a "chiller" to the tank. keeps temps 4-5 degrees cooler, downside I burn through makeup water
  14. desertranger

Glue for attached corals

Is this a bad glue to use to attach corals to plugs or rocks ? Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
  15. desertranger

Brine Shrimp

Would I be able to keep brine shrimp in my refugium like pods ?
  16. desertranger

Light cycle

I have a marineland MH system http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marineland-Marine-Series-Pro-Metal-Halide-HQI-Aquarium-Lighting-60-in-32982-/291157160134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ca51b0c6 but 48" model. It only has one on and off per light type, and I have it set up so moon lights are on all...
  17. desertranger

Dosing pump

http://charleston.craigslist.org/for/4455284337.html if interested hit me up
  18. desertranger

RO/DI Unit

Selling a RO/DI unit set up for 75 gpd. Asking $100 for everything plus shipping O.B.O. Comes with extra 5 micron filter, carbon filter, pack of resin, and new membrane. RO unit has TDS monitor installed. System is up and running and ready to ship. Any questions please PM me. Happy reefing.
  19. desertranger

Aqua medic doser

for sale is one 4 channel doser from aqua medic. All four channels work, currently on 2 channels are fully set up right now. Asking $250 O.B.O. Any interest please PM me. Happy reefing
  20. desertranger

Maintaining Alk

After my Alk dropped to between 5-6 dkh I started using BRS two part system. I have since been trying to maintain between 10-11 dkh. I have been using about 50ml for Alk every two days or so. I have about a 100gal system over all. Is that too much to be adding or am I ok. I calcium depletes at a...