Search results

1. solpete

Welcome to my underwater world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIeQ0c0hyTc
  2. solpete

Squamosa. First clam

Hi I bought a squamosa today. What do you think of it? Please give advice. I have 0.04 ppm phosphate, 25 ppm nitrate,. mg ca kh within recommended. 400 watt leds. It's closed up when I switched off the lights Does it change color? How fast does it grow? About 3-4 inches now I guess.
  3. solpete

Wet skimming better nitrate removal?

I am struggling with high nitrates. I have a Fm ultra skim 2. Does the "mud" buildup in the stand pipe lower efficiency? If I wet skim no buildup will occur... Seems reasonable. Anyone with experience?
  4. solpete

What crab?

5. solpete

what is this for a beautiful fish...?

6. solpete

Can't succeed with montipora

Hi. What am I doing wrong or is it some flatworm? Bird's nest thriving... 9.8 dKh, ca 470, Mg 1550, po4 0.01, no3 2, 28 Celsius, par 300-500 8h. Feeding rotifier. Chaeto in sump... Active carbon... Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk
  7. solpete

Hard brown tube

Quarter of an inch in size. Immobile, hard like a snail. What is it? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  8. solpete

Needle wheel skimmer pump. Air intake WHERE?

Ive got a resun king3 protein skimmer pump with needle-wheel. It came with air-intake adapters for both water-intake and outlet. Where do I put the air intake tube? Looking at the skimmer below in this figure of a NEEDLE WHEEL skimmer they put the air intake after the pump. . But...
  9. solpete

White oval dots. What are they? (pictures)

What are the dots?
  10. solpete

Worm id

Near the centre a bit to the left
  11. solpete

sailfin tang ID

Which sailfin tang is this?
  12. solpete

Id of sex of dead mandarin (Warning!: Sensible pictures inside)

I want to replace this mandarin that got killed by my Odunus Niger Trigger. Please help me ID the sex!
  13. solpete

small critters id please

Hi! Whats this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-SqDHwqsoM&feature=youtu.be
  14. solpete

Tank glass integrity/strucural question

Hi! I want to remove the glass that separates the in-tank-filter-compartment fromt the display tank. This glass is much thinner than the glass of the DT in general. My main concern is if its too risky. I would appreciate advice from aquarium-technicians :) In this figure the piece I want to...
  15. solpete

NO3 lag

Hi.. Does anyone know if theRe is and in that case how long lag, in time, there is between excess feeding and the rise in NO3.. ? THANKS
  16. solpete

Adding / Breeding artemia brine shrimp EGGS to the sump

Ive been searching an answer to the idea of breeding artemia in the sump. Ive read multiple posts about this being such a bad idea because of pollution and that they wont survive. I havent read one thread about it in a positive way. Therefore I am going to try this myself unless someone can give...
  17. solpete

Would a tiny bit of soap help?

Yes I'm serious... Having a thin membrane of fat in the tank. I'm having the idea that some sort of soap could be used in extremely small amounts to turn the fat molecules hydrophilic and get caught in the skimmer. Has anyone tried it by accident? Remember there are different types of soap.. I...
  18. solpete

Why is it giving me the finger?

My euphyllia is giving me the finger, why ?
  19. solpete

The Salmon-Vinegar method: Lowering nitrates and Phosphates

Hi.:invisible:snshne: This has worked better for me than anything in lowering phosphates from 0.03 ppm to 0 ppm and No3 from 10 ppm to 0 ppm in just 48 hours. This is for a tank with 5-10 ppm nitrates and 0.03-0.05 ppm phosphates: Recepie: a.) Check Phosphates and Nitrates. b.) Day one...
  20. solpete

Skimmer issue after feeding raw salmon

(the SALMON VINEGAR METHOD) Skimmer issue after feeding raw salmon So I gave my inhabitants in my 100G some raw salmon. As you knight know, salmon is a really fat fish. A gave them this yesterday, and Ill never do it again! This is because since I have that piece of salmon, my skimmer has...