Search results

1. GrendelPrime

set my Reef up again about a month ago

most of the dry rock I had is marshal island rock that ive had for ever and a day, I think you will really like the Mandano
  2. GrendelPrime

i went with the 10lbs of Mandano and it is very nice rock, completely covered in coralline,haven't noticed much in the way of critters but 1 rock was covered in halimena
  3. GrendelPrime

So I just got an email from Jason from premium aquatics and I have to say I am very impressed with how far they will go to make there customers happy, not only were they willing to give me a 100% refund which included shipping but they also gave me other options on what I wanted to do, i could...
  4. GrendelPrime

I thought so to stir, he explained to me that the rock sites in large vats so the rock gets almost no light, so if I wanted rock with a lot of life he will give me a full refund and I can try the Manado
  5. GrendelPrime

I emailed the company and I have the option to return the rock for a full refund
  6. GrendelPrime

well the rock came in and I am very disappointed with it over all, size and the rocks them selves are nice but I paid for "live rock", this looks like the only time it was wet is when they wrapped them in wet paper, completely bleached
  7. GrendelPrime

Just had a weird thought

I go through a lot of raw honey for the health benefits and just thought why not mix fish food in a cup of warm water with dissolved raw honey , my question is would honey be bad for fish and has anyone ever done this before?
  8. GrendelPrime

i actualy ended up going with the Pukani instead, was a few bucks cheaper, sorry for not stating that in my last reply, rock should be in Friday and I will take pics
  9. GrendelPrime

thanks shark32, I ended up getting 20lbs
  10. GrendelPrime

got the mh' s going, got the skimmer skimming and have about 50lbs of dry rock in my 90gal. But my question is I want about 10 or so lbs of Manado or Pukani live rock to help seed my tank but having a hard time finding any where shipping isn't almost as much as the rock it self, Anybody know of...
  11. GrendelPrime

Would you Knowingly Buy Coral from Someone who has an Aiptasia Issue?

u can always throw the frags into an observation tank with a few peppermint shrimp to eat any aptasia is there is any
  12. GrendelPrime

just needed a few bags of sand

Haha you got that right Dave, tank is the cheapest part and yes I need to go back for the sand:doh:
  13. GrendelPrime

just needed a few bags of sand

so I stop at petco to pick up a few more bags or aragonite sand and end up not getting the sand but instead pick up a 40g breeder
  14. GrendelPrime

play sand

I agree with you Nano, I think there beautiful
  15. GrendelPrime

play sand

lighting will be metal halides with some led's thrown into the mix and I probably will be running skimmerless to start
  16. GrendelPrime

play sand

its gong to be a 90gal macro algae tank with most likely a chain link moray and im shooting for roughly 2in sand bed so I needed around 70lbs of sand
  17. GrendelPrime

play sand

i ended up going with bags of dry aragonite, I got most of the equipment I need so hopefully in the next few weeks I can start the build
  18. GrendelPrime

play sand

thanks for the input guys, I don't mind spending the money for sand, I was just curious cause I remember yrs ago there was a specific play sand that was very popular