Search results

1. pumbaafoot

Pluming Question

Do they make something like a check valve for pvc, or something that would limit the flow of water to only one direction? The application would be for placement after the pump , to eliminate back flow from the tank into sump in case of a loss of power. This would be on a 29 gallon tank, btw...
  2. pumbaafoot

Adding sand

What is the procedure for adding more live sand to an established tank? Would reg. live sand from LPS or the bagged live sand be better? Thanks for any input.
  3. pumbaafoot

feather duster?

While relocating a feather duster, the feather radiole fell out of its tube body. The feather radiole seems to be ok. It has since opened back up. Is this ok? Will it grow a new tube?
  4. pumbaafoot

Dangerous to the Clown?

I purchased a percula clown this afternoon and instead of going to the bubble tip anemone (which I was informed that it would) the fish is gravitating towards the pumping xenia. It swims right through it with no apparent side effects. Is this a problem?
  5. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

Iam experiencing am outbreak of little slug like creatures at night. About an hour after the lights go out about 50 or so start slithering out. Besides manually removing them, what is the best remedy?
  6. pumbaafoot

VHO vs MH

How many of you use vho? Are they comparable to the ever popular mh heat lamps? Any feedback would be appreciated. I am trying to decide which to use for a new reef tank.
  7. pumbaafoot

Aquatraders.com?

I recently was looking at aquatraders.com and their low prices caught my eye.:confused: Cheap price usually equates to cheap product in my experiences but I would love to be told otherwise in this case. If anyone has any thoughts on the "odyssea" line or aquatraders.com, please chime in. Thanks...
  8. pumbaafoot

Overflow box

I need some good ideas for an overflow box. I am looking for the 200 to 500 gph rate. Any pics and/or drawings with suggestions. I would rather build my own but if any one has had great success with any paticular model, let me know.
  9. pumbaafoot

Light while cycling?

I have read some mixed thoughts on adding a little light as you cycle LR. The live rock I have is pre cured but Iam still going to be cycling for a month or so. A have a 24 gal with the stock 72 watts cf currently. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
  10. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

Well I picked up my new cube yesterday. Put down 20lb of arag alive and 10lb of live sand from flordia. 40lb of LR comes in thursday. I may have ordered a bit much but I will find some use for it. MAybe this weekend Ill post some pics once I get the LR all situated. Thanks to all for...
  11. pumbaafoot

substrate

I was wondering if the pre-packed aragonite sand had any advantages over flordia live sand or vice versa.
  12. pumbaafoot

RO a must?

Well I will be starting my first reef tank this week. 24 gal. I am definately planning on letting my lr and ls cycle for a good month or two. My question is ro a must when starting out? If so where can you obtain it without investing in a unit. Are there any alternatives?
  13. pumbaafoot

anemone lighting

I was wondering if 72 watts of 50/50 compact fluorescent on a 24 gal system would be enough light for anemones. If not what is a recommended system. Thanks in advance for any input.
  14. pumbaafoot

reef newbie

Hello everyone! Like so many others Iam new to the sw world. I have a 10 gal cichlid tank and a 55 gal planted community tank currently. I am looking to start a smaller reef tank very shortly. I appreciate everyones input on the forums, they have been very informative. Talk to everyone soon.