Search results

1. pumbaafoot

Pluming Question

Do they make something like a check valve for pvc, or something that would limit the flow of water to only one direction? The application would be for placement after the pump , to eliminate back flow from the tank into sump in case of a loss of power. This would be on a 29 gallon tank, btw...
  2. pumbaafoot

Adding sand

What is the procedure for adding more live sand to an established tank? Would reg. live sand from LPS or the bagged live sand be better? Thanks for any input.
  3. pumbaafoot

feather duster?

While relocating a feather duster, the feather radiole fell out of its tube body. The feather radiole seems to be ok. It has since opened back up. Is this ok? Will it grow a new tube?
  4. pumbaafoot

Dangerous to the Clown?

I purchased a percula clown this afternoon and instead of going to the bubble tip anemone (which I was informed that it would) the fish is gravitating towards the pumping xenia. It swims right through it with no apparent side effects. Is this a problem?
  5. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

Thanks for the info everyone.
  6. DSC_0234

DSC_0234

7. DSC_0243

DSC_0243

8. DSC_0103

DSC_0103

9. DSC_0232

DSC_0232

10. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

top side about 2in in diameter. I have had it about 3 months
  11. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

under side
  12. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

I have a red sea star and a sand sifting star.
  13. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

Woodstock- what is the best way to ship them? Maybe I can catch some and send you a present.
  14. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

They do look like the ones in the pic. There is one big grey one and a bunch of little ones with orange-red like markings. They are doing a very good job of keeping the tank clean. My concern is that I only have a 24 gal tank and I have Alot of the creatures and they seem to be consuming my...
  15. pumbaafoot

snail outbreak

Iam experiencing am outbreak of little slug like creatures at night. About an hour after the lights go out about 50 or so start slithering out. Besides manually removing them, what is the best remedy?
  16. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

Put a coralife super skimmer in my sump and now everything looks a lot nicer. I am still working on the art of photographing the tank so just bear with me. All comments are welcome!
  17. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

Pumping Xenia is my favorite to watch.
  18. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

Left side close-up
  19. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

Full Tank
  20. pumbaafoot

24 gal cube

A few new pics