Search results

1. ChitownRomeo

Help My Silicone Is Dying

Was doing a water change on this aqueon 55 gallon I have had up and running 9 years. Never moved it from the spot it's in. It's on a full stand and leveled since day 1. Today after the 20% water change, I noticed real small air bubbles in the right seam. From the top to the middle are these...
  2. ChitownRomeo

Clownfish Gone Mad?

So I have had the same clowns for 6 years. Lately it's like they have went nuts! No matter what I put in the tank they attack it to death. It started with some Duncans. They attacked it CONSTANTLY! Smashed their faces into it and started grabbing the tentacles and snatching them. The 9 headed...
  3. ChitownRomeo

Clownfish Gone Mad?

So I have had the same clowns for 6 years. Lately it's like they have went nuts! No matter what I put in the tank they attack it to death. It started with some Duncans. They attacked it CONSTANTLY! Smashed their faces into it and started grabbing the tentacles and snatching them. The 9 headed...
  4. ChitownRomeo

Clownfish Gone Mad?

5. ChitownRomeo

Help with killer clownfish!

Hey everyone! glad to be back posting! Finally kicking cancer's but! But I have a problem. I bought a big colony of Duncans and my clowns that I have had for years saw me feeding it mysis and now they are tearing it apart thinking it's mysis shrimp in it all the time to the point the duncan...
  6. ChitownRomeo

skimmer on a 55 gallon?

Hey guys. It's been a LONG time since I posted on here. Cancer had a strong grip on me but I'm back now ;) I know this is a loaded question but what do you guys think about not having a skimmer on a 55gallon lps, softie tank. I have a eshopps skimmer on it now but i have a very low bio load...
  7. ChitownRomeo

Leather corals And Toxins

Wow been a long time since I been on here. This cancer is kicking my butt so i haven't been posting much. But I have a question. It might be a dumb question but do leather corals excrete toxins or do they have to be close to a coral to release it. I have some ricordias that were fine until I...
  8. ChitownRomeo

What is this crap!!!

In the 10 years I been reefing I have never come across this algae before. I have taken every rock and scrubbed the life out of it. Did a huge water change. Added phosphate media, clean everything I can clean including skimmer and sump. And this crap came back the next day with a vengance...
  9. ChitownRomeo

Anyone Seen This Type Of Algae Before?

Hey all. Sorry I been gone so long. Still battling cancer. It sucks! But Anyone ever had this type of algae? In the 10 years I been reefing and the MANY tanks I have setup, none of them have had this brown, furry kinda algae. It's not bad cause it wipes right off, easily come off the glass and...
  10. ChitownRomeo

Ok This Film Is Getting On My Nerve!

Ok this is getting annoying. I have this white "Film" All on my back glass and rocks. No snails will touch it. Troches, Nerite, Margarita or turbos. Also its making my sand clump up. There is no cyano ( I know what that is. Had it long time ago) I have tried wet skimming, Water changes, Dr. Tims...
  11. ChitownRomeo

Question On Snails And Crabs....

Hey guys, sorry I been gone so long. Cancer was getting the best of me and now I'm doing better so I decided to get my 90 gallon back in full swing. This will be my 4th reef but I just want some advice cause sometimes I go over board. I want a good cleanup crew. I was thinking 10 Scarlet hermits...
  12. ChitownRomeo

Torch Coral Won't Open Up fully

Hey everyone. Been gone for a while due to cancer and heart surgery. BUt I have a question. I have had this torch coral for maybe 9 months and up until 2 months ago it won't fully extend anymore. Any help to make it extend again? I'll put up a before and after. Before it used to extend nicely...
  13. ChitownRomeo

Wierd growth on my candy cane coral

woke up last night to see if my clownfish babies hatched and noticed my candy cane corals has this wierd growth on them. Looked like dinos cause it had air bubbles coming from it. It's only on my frogspawn and candy canes. No where on the rocks or sand. any ideas?
  14. ChitownRomeo

Reef Tank Tear Down

Ok so for months I was fighting a losing battle. Never figured out why my corals were slowly dying after 6 years. Now my rock has this stringy thick algae which im thinking now is dinos or maybe some form of Cyano. It started growing on my corals except for my 27 head torch coral which I have...
  15. ChitownRomeo

Duncan Rescue Tips.....

Ok I have posted alot about my tank going down hill. First off I was using 15 gallons of distilled water a week. Finally thought to test the water and it was at 164 tds. DISTILLED WATER!! So bought a 5 stage Ro/Di from brs and been doing a 15% water change every 3 days. as many of you know my...
  16. ChitownRomeo

Sump Questions

Hey guys I really really wanna add a sump to my aquarium. Only problem is it's a 7 year old reef and the tank isn't drilled. tired of cleaning this canister every weekend. I really wanna add a sump but too scared of the horror stories of overflows and destroyed floors. I'm on the 4th floor and...
  17. ChitownRomeo

About to just give up

I don't know what happened. I have had the same coral for 4 years. Never changed my tank habits. I do everything the same time on the same days of the week. For the last 2 months, my corals have started receeding little by little. First it started with my duncans closing up and have been closed...
  18. ChitownRomeo

Coral Trimming Question

Hey Guys, I have some Duncans and Frogspawns that have ALOT of heads on them. So many to the point that the heads are crowding each other. In the ocean this doesn't seem to be a problem. But in my aquarium the polyps on the outter edge open up very wide. The ones on the inner part barely open...
  19. ChitownRomeo

Weird Stuff On duncan coral...

Ok I am really thinking about taking this tank down. Something is very wrong. Tank has been up for years but recently after a water change most of my corals are pissed off. frogspawn won't open up, Hammers stay closed and Torch won't extend. I'm not a rookie but it seems like after I used this...
  20. ChitownRomeo

Omg ready to get out the hobby. Frustrated!!

I swear I am at my wits end! Tank has been setup for 7 years. for the last 2 years mostly all the corals look like crap. Lps won't open fully, Sps bleaching or browning out. BUT EVERY TIME I do a 20% water change once a week they are open fully and fat and happy. Very next day they look like...