Search results

1. JFK_Jr

OT: New movie "Cloverfield"

A reef keepers worst fear... a monster mutant whale with giant Isopods that detach from the host to kill humans... :bugout: New Yorkers... put your tanks on autopilot and head for the hills!!! :scram: Opens at a theater near you on 1/18/2008... :thumbup:
  2. JFK_Jr

Things that make you go... hmmm

I found this timer selling for $19.99 Same website has this other timer, I won't mention names... Icecap... selling for $44.99 Seems to me the same factory in China is making both... makes me mad when I see this kind of thing... :down: Even at $19.99... you know it's at least a...
  3. JFK_Jr

OT: OMG... It's freezing in S FL

HELP!!! It was 50 degrees this morning... :bugout: It's supposed to get into the 40's tonight! :bouncebox Whoa is me... what's next? :snow:
  4. JFK_Jr

Killer Acan Lord Centerpiece for my reef!

Well... anyone that knows me, knows that I've been eyeing Acan lords for a while now. I recently purchased a beautiful Acan lord with around 40 heads. Well I've scored BIG!!! :whstlr: :whstlr: :whstlr: I've been working on this deal for over a week now, and it's finally come to fruition...
  5. JFK_Jr

Australian Acan Buffet... $$$ Required!

I Love Australia!
  6. JFK_Jr

Australian Duncan Colonies $5 head

I'm not into Duncans at all, but I know some of you guys and gals are. Well this California coral dealer has them for $5 a head. Jendub.com A colony of 40 heads is only $200 bucks. They also have a colony with 25, 21 and 18 heads for a little as $90. Sounds to me Duncans are going to be...
  7. JFK_Jr

Some "Bling Bling" for my reef...

Took a trip to the candy shop today and came home with these... They are large pieces... 6" + Blastomussa Merleti Pink Chalice ( Echinopora sp.)
  8. JFK_Jr

So that's what happened to your $30 shrimp

Check this out... really cool video! YouTube - Pistol Shrimp
  9. JFK_Jr

***Breaking News***

Just got this notice by email from Marine Depot... You better act fast!!!
  10. JFK_Jr

Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 MJ Kit review

I just got two of these Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Upgrade Kits to replace my Hydor Koralia's that burned up on me when I went away for a few days. They come ready for plug and play... literally takes 5 second to install. I already had the algae free magnets, so I was good to go. I...
  11. JFK_Jr

Do you really replace your MH bulbs yearly???

So I'm wondering how many of you guys and gals replace your MH bulbs yearly? Yeah... Yeah... I've read the whole shpiel about changing spectrums and the like... but I want to know who's running them longer (you know you are :rolleyes: ) and how your tank's doing? I've read some posts from...
  12. JFK_Jr

Fish sex change in tank???

I just found a picture of the male Genicanthus semifasciatus... I must have this angel to go with my female!!! My LFS has another female and it has been noted that females change to males at 4". What should I do... buy the second female? Or see if I can find a male? Has anyone...
  13. JFK_Jr

OT: Ever Google your RS member name?

I discovered this by accident, but thought it was sooo cool that I had to share! Doing a search of the entire world wide web through Google for my RS member name produces the #1 Hit! I tried a few other RS members and got similar results... :yup: Now I can just tell my family and...
  14. JFK_Jr

Filter pads in washing machine?

I use 100 micron felt filter pads in my sump. I buy the large sheet and cut to fit. Over the past year I've accumulated a lot of dirty pads. I just keep buying new pads, but I'd like to re-use the dirty ones if possible. I've heard that they can be washed in a washing machine. Has...
  15. JFK_Jr

OT: Will the "real" Sasquatch please stand up!

THE REAL
  16. JFK_Jr

First person to answer right gets a Big prize!

So what's this creature called?
  17. JFK_Jr

Reef Sanctuary member Videos

I believe this has been attempted before, but it seems to not have caught on. So let's try it again! Post your reef videos here on this thread... Here's how... upload your videos to Photobucket. Once you have uploaded your clips... use the last option underneath your video clips... the...
  18. JFK_Jr

Html Code

I noticed that the html code is active in the General Discussion forum allowing you to embed photobucket videos. It's not active on the other forums for some reason... anyone know? Here's a thread with it enabled...
  19. JFK_Jr

Korallia pumps dead...

I spent a few days away from home to return and find 3 of my six power heads seized with calcium buildup. I immediately unplugged them and did my routine vinegar bath to dissolve build-up. To my surprise... both my Korallia #4's were dead, but my Tunze Nano survived being plugged in and...
  20. JFK_Jr

OT: Hey RS... I'm Back!

Hi Everyone! I'm Back! Sorry I've been away for so long... I've had a lot going on in my life with my Mom's health recently. She's been having a rough time the past several months, and I've been busy tending to her needs. Thank you for all the concern and messages you guys have sent. I...