Search results

1. N

Choff's Modified RSM650 Reef Chronicle

I'm doing some catching up on every bodies tanks. Glad to to see yours doing well and now have a reliable review on the riptide. Have you noticed if your temp has come down any since turning off the 2 rear pumps. I have been wondering how much heat those put out in to the tank. I know we can't...
  2. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Love all the open spaces, can't wait to get mine hope it's soon. The good side of waiting is I don't spend much money buying things.
  3. N

nob35's S650

Last I heard was that they were retooling to be able to produce pieces faster but it has slowed them down to nothing being built. Hope it will not be much longer or I may have to start looking at alternatives. With my tank in a holding pattern some things like my nems, toadstools, hairy...
  4. N

nob35's S650

Tired of waiting on rocks so decided to add a fish. Orange spot blenny.
  5. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Glad to see your tank is progressing. I've been lurking in the background still waiting on vidarock. They decided to retool to speed things up right when I put in the order so of course it slowed them down to a crawl.
  6. N

opinions and advice on the s500/s650

I agree with choff on all points, I decided on the 650 purely for the looks, canopy and ATO. Before setting it up I changed the lights to LEDs and completely changed the layout out of the sump. Since then I have changed the skimmer, added a UV and media reactor. I'm not sorry I went with RSM...
  7. N

Red Sea Max 650 LED mod thread

I may have some inside news that is being kept quiet right now so sales do not drop off. After talking to my LFS, he told me that redsea is going to be releasing the max in LEDs at some point. He went to one of the expo's and was told that Red Sea was not releasing the news yet for fears that...
  8. N

Eesa's RSM 650

I run the innovative marine mini max with brs GFO. I also have macro in the fuge. I have been using this since almost the beginning and have not had a algae bloom in the DT since I over fed the fish right after start up. My fuge does stay a mess with the macro and HA though. I probably could get...
  9. N

nob35's S650

Luckily I have all snails that can flip themselves as my hippo loves taking them to the top of the tank and dropping them. I will be ordering more CUC once I have the rocks so good to know about nerites. I have had a Pom Pom in the tank since the beginning but only see him every 8 months or so...
  10. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

That's great, have your clowns found it yet? It took mine forever and they do not stay with my nems all the time but it seems they are starting to stay with them more now. I found out by accident that mine like the new era marine pellets and now that is all I feed them. It's a lot easier then...
  11. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Good to know that the waiting is not over after I get pics. Don't count on a nem staying on the side of the tank that you want. Mine split then the new ones travel all over along the back wall until the find a place they are happy with. I go in every now and then and move the rock that they are...
  12. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Nice, I now have 3 nems they keep splitting when they get to a certain size. Hope yours decides to stay out front where you can see it, 2 of mine went to the back side of my rocks after splitting. Only the original stayed out front. I'm still waiting on vidarock to send pictures hope they come...
  13. N

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Looks good, hoping vidarock will be getting in touch in the next couple weeks. Have you had anything bad happen since the move? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.
  14. N

LED lights on the RSM650

I have 4 AI Vegas that I been running in my tank for over 1.5 years. I'm pretty basic with corals because I'm away from the tank to often so can't really tell you about growth. Every thing in my tank looks great when I'm in town long enough to take care of tank. If you are planning to get a...
  15. N

nob35's S650

Sounds good, can't wait to get it. I have 100lbs of sand in the tank so hopefully will not have to add more. I started taking out some smaller pieces of rock to let the tank adjust to a bit more bio load. I will not have enough room to keep most of the rock in the sump but will try to keep as...
  16. N

nob35's S650

Haha we may end up having the same exact piece. Did you tell them you wanted to take up the entire bottom and they made it a bit to small or did you want it a bit smaller? I told them I wanted it to 48"x14"x18". I did tell them to add purple and plug holes in it. I also told them to add a couple...
  17. N

S650 Rock Scape Help

If mine looked like that I would not be ordering one. Looks great
  18. N

nob35's S650

I'm planning to take only a few pieces out at one time while adding the new pieces. I will also place some of the original pieces in the sump for a while. I will not be doing like choff and replacing my sand so that should help also. Most of my corals are on small pieces of rock so hoping I can...
  19. N

nob35's S650

Hoping it comes out as nice as the picture. They said it takes 8 to 10 weeks and I'm 2 weeks in now so still a while to go before they send pics to see if any changes need to be made.
  20. N

nob35's S650

Clowns are taking to the nem slowly and the female sleeps in it at night now. I also started the build process with vidarock. I sent them this picture as a base line to go off of. Hope it comes out nice, it was a pic from their homepage.