Search results

1. Kirblit

In wall tank build advice/lessons learned

I'm in the planning stages of doing a 300 gallon in wall tank and roughly 12x15 ft fish room in my basement. I'm looking for anyone that has an in wall tank or has had one in the past to give me their ideas and experiences no matter what size tank. Any pictures that you have available of your...
  2. Kirblit

Want to by a Lumenarc SE MH pendant

Was wondering if anyone has/knows anyone with a Lumenarc SE MH pendant that they would want to sell. I need the mini. 14.5" x 14.5" Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  3. Kirblit

Female Mandarin

Does anyone have a good pic of a female mandarin? I have a large male that I have had for 2 years and I want to get a female. I got one that I thought was a female but I have my doubts now. I have it in a QT training it to eat prepared foods and have been watching it and it's got a small...
  4. Kirblit

Uronema Marinum

Lee, I just got a fish from an LFS that I trust completely in their disease diagnosis and treatment, but I always like a second, third,..... opinion on these things. He recently had a fish die in one of their QT tanks that they keep new fish in, and I bought a midas blenny out of it about 2...
  5. Kirblit

Unknown Sickness

Ok, so my fish had ich so I did hypo twice (haven't seen a spot since 1st treatment) but afterwords they continued to scratch so I did Cupramine. I maintained just below .5 for 3 weeks. I stopped the treatment one week ago today and today I'm watching my fish and my Kole and my blennie are...
  6. Kirblit

Mandarin Diseases

I got my two mandarins tonight, one target and one green. They are in a QT separated with egg crate and gutter guard. They are doing great but I just wanted to know what to look for as far as diseases go while they are in QT before going to the display, and should they have a shorter QT...
  7. Kirblit

Mantis Laid Eggs

Yesterday I was trying to feed my mantis and it didn't want anything to do with the food so I figured it was about to molt. Well this morning when I got up I looked in to see if it molted and saw and egg sack!! I haven't been able to find much info on breeding mantis online but I don't think...
  8. Kirblit

Mandarin Dragonet

I plan on getting at least one Mandarin here in the near future. I have a 125g that is about a year old, tons of pods and so on, but the question is can you have two? I know that you can have two of the same species as long as only one is male, but I want to get one target and one green...
  9. Kirblit

Cupramine Treatment Mystery

Re: Hyposalinity For Ich I started the Cupramine two days ago, but I have a couple of questions. I did the first dose 16 drops per 10.5 gallons and I figured that I have about 43 gallons of water in my tank when taking measurements. So I put in 64 drops and tested it about 3 hours later...
  10. Kirblit

Chiton???

I saw this guy the other night when I was doing a night check on the tank so I snapped a few pictures. I don't know how big it really is but it was sticking out about 3/4 of an inch or so and was about 1/4 - 3/8" wide. I saw him again in the same hole of the same rock last night and he wasn't...
  11. Kirblit

Hyposalinity For Ich

Has anyone actually had this work before? I have done it twice, both times for 8 weeks and both times I don't even get the salinity all the way back up and the fish are showing signs (flashing and a couple spots, blenny gets it first)! I have checked the SG every day and it never got above 1.009...
  12. Kirblit

Salt Analysis Study

Here are some interesting results from a recent Salt Analysis of major brands of salt http://reefsaltanalysis.googlepages.com/AWT_Salt_Analysis_0208.pdf
  13. Kirblit

250w Reeflux 12k SE Opinions

I'm about ready to switch out my lights in the next week or so and I was thinking about going a little bluer. I currently have 250w Hamilton 14k on IceCap ballasts with some actinic sup. and they look pretty good but a little yellow still. I have been looking over the PPFD on Sanjay's site and...
  14. Kirblit

My Clown Tang Turned!

Well it finally happend. My Clown Tang decided to bully my female Clown fish (turned on his own circus buddy LOL) and put a pretty good gash in here side and now she isn't eating much. Needless to say I'm PSSSSSSST off. I didn't want to get the tang in the first place but my wife talked me...
  15. Kirblit

Indoor Cat Owners Beware!!

I thought that I would post this scary little experience that I'm having concerning cat ownership to any others that may have cats. I think that this could be a pretty common problem with a lot of people out there, or I may just be the lucky one. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I had an...
  16. Kirblit

Concrete sand

For the last couple of months I have been having problems with my sand in my 125 turning into solid rock like concrete. I know that this is from calcium precipitating out of solution but I don't really understand why. I use Mrs. Wages on a DIY Kalkreactor that holds about 2 gallons of water...
  17. Kirblit

Stomatella Spawning

Last night I was just looking at my reef when I noticed what looked like smoke out of the corner of my eye so I went to investigate. The two HH Stomatella snails that I have where on the top of some rocks spawning. I turned off the pumps so that I could get a better look. This is one of the...
  18. Kirblit

Duncan Coral

I was on last night and saw a thread about Duncan corals on here and I started reading it because I didn't know what they were. After seeing what they were I thought they were beautiful but the prices where outrageous! I couldn't believe that the average price was like $40 per polyp. Well...
  19. Kirblit

What kind of snail am I

I found this guy today wondering around looks kind of like Cerith, but the colors don't look right any ideas. Bottom side
  20. Kirblit

I have Ich

I started seeing my fish "flashing" a couple of weeks ago but saw no white spots on them and I have always had good water quality so I thought that I might have a chance at them pulling through without a real "outbreak" but here I am. I saw spots on my Kole tang last night and on my Midas...