Search results

1. ddelozier

90G Frag Tank

here's a pic of the stand. Its all made from 1.5" Square tube. yes, i cut/welded it myself. end shot of the tank with ME finishing the last of the silicone. Same thing, different angle. I promise better shots soon. I plan to take the tape off and trim the tank up tonight.
  2. ddelozier

90G Frag Tank

I picked up a 135g(72x18x22) for cheap a few months back. My original intent was to replace the frames(scratched and dinted), replace one pane of glass(bad clamshell in one corner that caused a leak), build a killer stand(already had done that), and drill in overflows, so i could set it up as...
  3. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Thats what it looks like today. on the advice of a friend, i went with a two island aproach. The powerhead in the back is now gone, back scraped and 4-5 chunks of GSP have been glued on, and are proceeding to spread.
  4. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Ok, she's up and running. That was pretty much with Everything just sorta dumped in. Thats with the rock scaped sort of. The pump with a splitter is there for flow because my new powerheads(were supposed to be here thursday) are on back order, so i had to get inventive
  5. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

After a little research, i know what happened to the tank. The previous owner apparently started neglecting the tank. No water changes, not much flow, etc. He either ignored the tank entirely for a month before or after a catastrophic crash. The levels of H2S built up. H2S mixed with warm...
  6. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Ok i encountered a problem. The glass was hazy when dry and cloudy when wet. I assumed it was dried on calcium deposits. Not the case. Not even close. I scrubbed the heck out of the tank, with the blue scrub pads in the vinegar/water solution. Nothing. I even tried strait vinegar, soaking a...
  7. ddelozier

Any suggestions for lighting for 40g breeder..

I use 2x 165 watt MarsAqua LED's over my 75g tank. Dialed at 50/60 color+white / Blue. My colors are amazing, and my growth couldnt be better. Over a 40g Breeder, i'd recommend 1...
  8. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Its up and going in my dining room with Vinegar and Water for a good Cleaning. It was taken down in an apparent hurry, because there's a white haze all over every inch of the glass, and patches of dried coraline Algae. 200g FW + 10g Vinegar + 2 pumps for circulation +3-4 days, and the tank...
  9. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Ok I pulled the trigger. I pick it up this weekend. 210g Reef Ready, tank, stand and MH/T5 Lights(those will be upgraded to LED's VERY shortly). I saw the listing on CL and sent the pick to my wife. I was Sending it to her thinking "Maybe someday" She replied with, "I WANT IT". So i...
  10. ddelozier

new to site

Welcome and Congrats. I have bought a few used tanks, and inherited a tank or two from people getting out of the hobby for work or active duty. Yes, you can inherit some good stuff, but you can inherit some really bad stuff as well, especially if the previous owner was getting bored with and...
  11. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

Where abouts do you live?
  12. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

That was actually designed for a frag tank, so the covers are just plain plywood painted black, attached via magnets. The next one for the 150 will be a work of art.
  13. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

That is the stand that is currently under my 75. It was just finished being welded. getting Painted --> Here is how the 75 looks with the covers on, aquarium running, with New LED's. The stand for the 150 is about half finished. I'll post pics of the construction process as i get em.
  14. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

the stand for the 75 is 1.25" Square tube 1/8 wall. The 150 is 1.5" 1/8 wall.
  15. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

DIY Metal Stand Ok so i have started doing something NEW. Time will tell if its an idea worth continuing. A Bit of background, so nobody's first thought is "Thats Crazy". I may be crazy, but at least im sane. OK ME >>>> Raised by a DIY Professional. Dad is a retired oilfield welder, with...
  16. ddelozier

Plate coral

Coral Beauty's.....My wife wants one. told her HECK NO! when i started pointing to things in my tank it would likely eat, she decided to drop it.
  17. ddelozier

HELP! Extreme Diatom Bloom, Brown Water

DaveK nailed it. Low nutrient readings dont in and of itself explain the problem. You have high nutrient concentrations. When the algae eats the nutrients, it divides, then eventually dies, and the nutrients stay in the system. RO/DI water to mix up fresh SW, and do a TON of small water...
  18. ddelozier

Geisman Fixture Repair/replacement parts

About a year ago, i picked up a Geisman 48" Fixture, model ????, 2x250 w MH + 2 x 54 w T5HO. It has a single ballast box, with two cords going to the fixture. 1 More cord going directly to the Fixture? (possibly for the T5HO). About a month ago, both the T5ho started having a Delay to the...
  19. ddelozier

Frag Tank Setup

the sump is a 55g acrylic tank i found on CL for cheap.
  20. ddelozier

Ro/di. Copper piping in house

between the carbon block and the DI resin, the copper will be removed